The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has recently released a notification announcing vacancies for 425 posts under Diploma Trainee. The online application process has been started on September 1, 2023, and the last date to apply for the same is September 23, 2023. Interested candidates can refer to this article for all kinds of relevant information.
Table of Contents
|No. of Vacancies
|Disabled Ex-Servicemen/ Dependents of Ex-Servicemen killed in action
- All the selected candidates will be paid Rs. 27,500/- per month as a stipend during the one-year training period.
- Once the training period is completed, these candidates will be absorbed as Junior Engineer Gr-IV (S1) in the Supervisory category in the pay scale of Rs. 25,000 – 3% – 1,17,500 (IDA).
- Education: Full-Time Regular Three Years of Diploma in relevant discipline of engineering from a recognized Technical Board / Institute with minimum 70% marks.
- Age: Candidates shall be aged 27 years as of 23.09.2023.
- Note: Higher technical qualifications like B.Tech/ BE/ M.Tech/ ME etc. with or without a Diploma is not allowed.
- Qualification acquired through distance mode will not be considered.
The selection process of PGCIL Recruitment 2023 is based on a Computer Based Examination. The examination shall be conducted in Single Day and Single Shot. Applications of candidates shall be scrutinized according to the Job Specification, and applicable Relaxations/ Concessions.
The Written Test shall be of Objective Type (each question shall have four answer options) of two hours duration consisting of two parts as given below. Gere, all the correct answers will be awarded with 1 mark and for every incorrect answer 1/4 will be deducted.
|Technical Knowledge Test (TKT) with 120 questions having specific questions from respective disciplines
|Supervisory Aptitude Test (SAT) with 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, data sufficiency and interpretation, numerical ability etc.
- For UR/ EWS candidates, the minimum qualifying criteria of this written test will be a Minimum of 30% in both Part-I & Part-II separately and a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate.
- For candidates having other reservations, the minimum qualifying criteria will be 25% in both Part I & Part II separately and a minimum of 30% marks in aggregate.
Documents Required for PGCIL Recruitment
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Matric Certificate/ Birth Certificate as Birth Proof
- Qualification Certificate (Diploma) along with Mark Sheets of all years/semesters along with Proof of norms adopted by the Technical Board/ Institute to convert CGPA/ OGPA / DGPA into a percentage (if applicable)
- Candidates working in Govt. / PSU is required to apply through the proper channel and needs to upload a “No-Objection Certificate” from the present employer
- Caste Certificate
- Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) Certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Certificate, Undertaking and Proforma of Certificate for Employed Officials in case of Ex-Servicemen in the prescribed format/
- Domicile cum Age relaxation certificates for Candidates from Riots Victims in the prescribed Govt. of India format issued by Competent Authority (if applicable)
- EWS Certificate, as prescribed by the Government of India
How to apply for PGCIL Diploma Trainee?
- Visit the application portal of PGCIL Recruitment 2023 by clicking on the link given below
- Now, click on the “New Registration” button and register yourself by entering your email ID and phone number
- Once registered, log into the application portal and fill in all the details as asked on the website
- Next, upload the necessary documents/ images in the prescribed format
- Pay the application fee of Rs 300 and click on Submit
- Lastly, download and take a printout of the application form for future reference
Important Dates & Links
|Start of the online application process
|September 1, 2023
|Last Date to apply for the same
|September 23, 2023
|Official website of PGCIL
|Advertisement of PGCIL Recruitment 2023
|Link to apply
For more job-related news, click here.