The State Level Recruitment Commission (SLRC) released the advertisement for Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023 on the 31st of October. This mega recruitment drive from Govt. of Assam has come with 12,600 vacancies of Class III and Class IV positions in different/ establishments in the Government of Assam. As per the sources and comments from CM Himanta Biswa Sarma, the notification was expected to be released by the 10th of September, and then by the 1st week of October.
However, it got delayed and finally on the 31st of October, 2023, the advertisement for ADRE 2023 was out. Many candidates have eagerly awaited the notification of Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023, as this is a golden chance for them to secure a government job in Assam. In this article, candidates can find all the details, starting from no. of vacancies, eligibility, steps to apply and more.
Table of Contents
Vacancies of ADRE 2023
The total number of vacancies that would be filled based on the results of Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023 (including both Grade III/ IV posts) is 12,600.
Class-IV/ Grade IV Posts
|HSLC (Class 10th) or equivalent||1060|
|HSLC (Class 10th) or equivalent with ITI pass certificate||1990|
|Read up to Class VIII||1950|
Class-III/ Grade III Posts
|Category I (Bachelor’s Degree)||4055|
|Category II (HSSLC or Class 12th)||3127|
|Category III (HSLC or Class 10th with valid LMV Driving Licence)||418|
(i) Age Limit: The candidate should not be less than 18 years and more than 40 years of age as of 01.01.2023 to apply for Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows:
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC/MOBC candidates
- 2 years for Ex-Servicemen
- 10 years for PwBD candidates
(ii) Educational Qualification for Grade IV posts:
- Minimum Qualification for Grade IV posts are:
- HSLC (Class Ten) or equivalent examination passed
- Or, HSLC (Class Ten) or equivalent examination passed along with ITI pass certificate in the trade of wireman/ electrician/ fitter/ welder/ machinist/ Electronics Mechanic from Govt. of Assam approved Institute
- Or, Read up to Class VIII
- Maximum Qualification for Grade IV posts of Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023 is HSSLC (Class-12) or equivalent examination passed and those who have educational qualifications higher than this maximum eligibility educational qualification on the date of application shall not be eligible to apply for any of the posts or category of posts mentioned above.
(iii) Educational Qualification for Grade III posts:
(a) For Category I vacancies, the Minimum Qualification will be:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Or, Bachelor’s Degree with Computer Certificate/ Diploma of minimum 6 months duration from a recognized Institute
- Or, a Bachelor’s Degree with a Computer Certificate/ Diploma of a minimum 6 months duration and a Stenography Certificate from a recognized Institute
- Or, a Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science with a Computer Certificate/ Diploma of a minimum 6 months duration from a recognized Institute
(b) For Category II vacancies, the Minimum Qualification will be HSSLC or equivalent Examination passed
(c) For Category III vacancies, the Minimum Qualification will be HSLC or equivalent Examination passed with a valid LMV Driving Licence.
- Recent Passport size Photograph
- Scanned signature of the Candidate
- Employment Exchange Card
- Mark sheets and certificates of Educational Qualifications
How to apply for Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023?
SLRC has opened two separate application portals for Grade III and Grade IV vacancies. However, the registration process is common and candidates can apply for either Class III or Class IV posts or both with the same registration/ login details. To apply for Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023, the candidates must follow these steps:
- First of all, candidates need to click on the link given below corresponding to Class III/ Class IV posts as desired (People looking to apply for both can click on any of them)
- Next, click on the “Application Form” option given in the top menu bar
- Read the instructions carefully and then click on “Next”
- Now, click on the link saying “If not Registered, Click Here”
- Register by entering basic details, verify it by OTP and then click on the Submit button
- Then click on the “click here” button shown below the corresponding post type, that they are looking to apply for
- Log in using the registration details
- Enter the personal details, permanent address, Contact Info, Preference of the District for Appearing in the Written Examination etc.
- Upload a passport-size photo in less than 35KB and a signature in less than 30KB
- Enter a password as per choice and confirm it by Re-entering the password
- Read the declaration carefully and click the boxes
- After completing these steps, preview the application form and submit it
- Lastly, download the application form of Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023 and take a printout of the same for future reference
This year, while applying for Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023, candidates will not need to pay any application fee for submission of their online applications.
- The detailed selection procedure of Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023 is not out yet. As per the notification, it will be communicated in the coming time.
- However, it is certain that there will be a written examination, and then the shortlisted candidates for Grade III vacancies will have to appear in a skill test viz. Computer/ Stenography/ Driving Skill tests etc. Whereas, there will be an interview round for Grade IV vacancies.
- Also, the present number of vacancies is tentative and details of the vacancies including Pay band and Grade Pay will be published at least one week ahead of the conduct of the examination along with information on open and reserved positions, strictly as per prevailing Government Laws/ rules/ norms.
Best Books for ADRE 2023
To cover the syllabus of Assam Direct Recruitment Drive 2023, candidates can follow the books listed below, as these books are recommended by candidates who have qualified for the Assam Direct Recruitment Exam 2022.
|Social Science/ Social Studies||NCERT/ SCERT books|
|General Knowledge||Lucent’s General Knowledge, Manorama Year Book|
|Assam GK||Assam Year Book|
|General Mathematics||NCERT/ SCERT books|
|Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal|
|Date of Advertisement||31st October 2023|
|Opening of Registration Portal||10th November 2023|
|Last Date to apply||29th December 2023|
|Release date of Admit Cards (For Grade IV)||Not announced|
|Release date of Admit Cards (For Grade III)||Not announced|
|Date of Exam (Grade IV)||Not announced|
|Date of Exam (Grade III)||Not announced|
|Official Website of SLRC|
|Advertisement of ADRE-2023 (Grade III)|
|Advertisement of ADRE-2023 (Grade IV)|
|Link to apply for Grade III vacancies|
|Link to apply for Grade IV vacancies|
|ADRE Previous Year Question Papers & Exam Pattern|
For more recruitment news, click here.