Assam UG Admissions 2023: The Department of Higher Education, Assam has recently introduced a new portal for admission into undergraduate programmes in colleges and state universities of Assam for the academic session 2023-24. This new website is named Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal, however, it is now popular among students as the SAMARTH portal.
The Assam State Higher Education Admission Portal or SAMARTH portal aims to provide a common platform and equal opportunities to candidates across the state, especially those from rural and remote areas, and help establish better connections with the colleges and universities. A single portal will enable the candidates to cover a comprehensive outreach and be part of the admissions process to Assam State Universities.
Table of Contents
Advantages of the SAMARTH Portal
- Students will be free from the hassles of applying individually at different colleges.
- Overlapping admission will be avoided.
- Ease the financial burden on Colleges/ Universities to maintain the database or ERP system at the Institution level.
- No maintenance hassles for the digital platform and no cost involved from the college at any point while using the digital platform.
- Assam Govt. is offering a Fee waiver scheme for the last few years. As per reports, the government is planning to use the database of the SAMARTH Portal from this year onwards to select deserving students. So, this will reduce yet another hassle for students and institutions.
Choice of Courses & Colleges
- Students can apply for admission to a maximum of 10 options (for example, the same Major in 10 Colleges or 10 different Majors in one College, or 10 different majors in 10 different Colleges).
- In case, his/ her application is selected in more than one college in the first merit list, the student will have to opt for only one college/ option to process the admission and the selection to the remaining colleges/ option appearing in the first Merit list will lapse.
- If they get selected in the second merit list for any remaining colleges/ option in which they were not selected in the first merit list, then they will have the option to cancel the admission taken under the first merit list and then select one of the colleges/ options out of the ones appearing in the second merit list. The same will be the case with the third merit list.
- Thereafter, depending on the vacancy, spot admission can be done at the discretion of the admission committee of the college/ university.
How to check Courses and Colleges in SAMARTH Portal?
To know about the available courses in a college/ university, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the home page of the Samarth portal
- Click on “Programme information”
- Now, you can search for programs, universities, or colleges and check out their details
- Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Valid ID Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Transfer Certificate (if available)
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
How to apply for UG Admissions 2023 in SAMARTH Portal?
- Go to the official website of Samarth Portal for UG Admissions 2023.
- Click on ‘Registration’ and register yourself using your name, phone number, and email address.
- During Registration, you will need to create a password.
- The Registration number will be sent to your email and phone number.
- After registration login to your profile using the Registration Number and the password.
- Then complete your personal profile.
- After completing your personal profile, you will be able to apply for different colleges and courses.
- Finally, after applying for colleges you may download the Application form for future references.
No application fee is required for Assam UG Admissions 2023 through Samarth Portal.
Important Dates of Assam UG Admissions 2023
|Date of the launching of the SAMARTH Portal||14 June 2023|
|Date of opening for application through SAMARTH||14 June 2023|
|Date of closing of application through SAMARTH||28 June 2023|
|Date of publication of 1st merit list by the Colleges/ Universities||04 July 2023|
|Closing of offline Admission in 1st Merit List||07 July 2023|
|Publication of 2nd Merit List||08 July 2023|
|Closing of offline Admission in 2nd Merit List||11 July 2023|
|Publication of 3rd Merit List||12 July 2023|
|Closing of offline Admission in 3rd Merit List||15 July 2023|
|Spot Admissions (Offline)||08 July 2023|
|Official website of Samarth Portal||Click Here|
|Official Notices of Assam UG Admission 2023||Click Here|
|List of Universities & Colleges||Click Here|
|Course List of Colleges & Universities in Assam||Click Here|
Helpdesk of UG Admissions 2023 in Assam
- As per the notice, the applicants for UG admissions in Assam may approach any nearby College irrespective of their application to that Institution, and the Admission helpdesk members of that College/ University will help them in the online application procedure.
- Alternatively, candidates can contact the authorities of colleges/ universities, by reaching them via the contact details provided in the portal, which they can access by clicking here.
For more such news, Click Here.