Assam University UG Admission 2022: Assam University (AU) has released a detailed notification regarding the admissions in the Undergraduate and Integrated Courses (UG/ IG) on the official website. The Assam University UG Admission 2022 will occur through the Common University Entrance Test (Undergraduate), whose results have been declared earlier.
The admissions for various UG programmes will begin on the 28th of October, 2022, and will end on the 31st of October 2022. The admissions have already begun for different Central Universities after the declaration of the CUET (UG) results.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
- Candidates who have passed HS or equivalent examinations (10+2) in the relevant streams shall be eligible for admission to Under Graduate, Four / Five year Integrated Courses.
- Candidates whose qualifying examination result is awaited may also apply for admission. However, such candidates must submit the photocopies of mark sheets and/or certificates of the qualifying examination before the finalization of the admission list by the concerned department.
- Further, they have to satisfy the additional criteria, if any, set by the Departmental Admission Committee of the concerned department. Candidates seeking admission for the first time to Assam University have to submit a Migration Certificate within two months of their admission.
- Selection of candidates for admission to the UG / Integrated program will be made on the basis of NTA-CUET (UG) scores only.
The students applying under Assam University UG Admission 2022, can apply for the following courses:
- 6 Semester UG Course
- Bachelors of Performing Art
- 8 Semester UG Course
- Bachelors of Visual Arts
- Bachelors of Pharmacy
- 8-semester Integrated Courses
- B.Sc B.Ed
- 10-semester Integrated courses
- B.Sc-M.Sc Integrated Course
- BSW-MSW Integrated Course
- BA-LLB (Honours)
Seat Matrix Under Assam University UG Admission 2022
The reservation of seats for admission in each department will be as follows:
|RESERVATIONS||Bachelors of Performing Art||Bachelors of Visual Art||Bachelors of Pharmacy||B.Sc-M.Sc Integrated Course (Computer Science)||BSW-MSW Integrated course||BA-LLB (Honours)|
|Total Intake Capacity||25||50||50||88||62||75|
For BSc-BEd courses
The seat matrix of B.Sc-B.Ed courses under Assam University UG Admission 2022 are as follows:
|RESERVATION||B.Sc(Honours) B.Ed in Botany||B.Sc(Honours) B.Ed in Zoology||B.Sc(Honours) B.Ed in Physics||B.Sc(Honours) B.Ed in Chemistry|
- The seat selections for PwD will be followed according to the rule initiated by GOI.
- Candidates seeking admission under the OBC category should submit a Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate for the current financial year (i.e. 2022-2023).
- OBC candidates not in possession of NCL for the current financial year due to COVID – 19 pandemic should apply for an NCL certificate to the concerned state / central authority and submit a copy of that application along with the last financial year’s NCL certificate for the purpose of provisional admission. They are required to submit the NCL for the current financial year at the time of admission failing which they will forfeit their claim for admission under the OBC category.
- Candidates claiming reservations facility under the EWS category must submit an Income & Asset certificate issued by the appropriate authority.
Other special relaxations
For the Assam University UG Admission 2022, there are a few relaxations for different categories. They are as follows:
- There will be a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying (HS/10+2) examination for the candidates belonging to SC & ST categories as per GOI regulations.
- However, OBC (NCL) candidates may also be given a relaxation in the minimum eligibility by the Departmental Admission Committee to the extent of 10% of the minimum eligibility for the UR candidates. For example, if the minimum eligibility for admission to a course is 50% for the UR candidates, the minimum eligibility for the OBC (NCL) would be 45% (i.e., 50 minus 10% of 50).
- Other things being equal, preference will be given to candidates who have achieved excellence in sports/games or in cultural activities as evident by their participation in national or international level events with valid documentary proof.
- Nevertheless, the competent authority may relax the minimum eligibility of marks if seats remain vacant after the normal course of Assam University UG Admissions 2022 is over.
- There is also a provision for free-of-charge admission in all Diploma, Certificate, Integrated, UG, and PG Courses of the University for the dependent children of Leprosy Affected persons with a maximum of two dependent children.
Steps to apply for Assam University UG Admission 2022
- First of all, candidates need to visit the admission portal of Assam University
- Click on the button saying ‘Applicant Login’
- Before proceeding, click the option saying ‘ New Applicant? Create a new account ‘
- Read all the instructions given and then click on ‘I have read the instruction’ and proceed for completing the further steps
- Now, enter your Name, Email ID, and Mobile number, and choose a password for future logins, then submit it
- After creating the account for Assam University UG Admission 2022 successfully, candidates have to login into the admission portal and fill up the application form part by part, as instructed on the website
- Next, candidates have to upload their photo, signature, and all the necessary documents
- Lastly, the applicants should pay the registration fees and submit the form
- Also, candidates need to download the Application Form of Assam University UG Admissions 2022, as it will be required for future references
Assam University UG Admission 2022: Application Fee
|SC/ ST||Rs 800|
Schedule of various events
The schedule of various events under Assam University UG Admission 2022 is as follows:
|Date of opening of the portal to apply for Assam University UG Admissions 2022||16th of September, 2022|
|Closing of the Online Portal||14th of October, 2022|
|Date of declaration of selected students who applied for Assam University UG Admissions 2022||27th of October, 2022|
|Admissions opening date||28th of October, 2022|
|Admissions closing date||31st of October, 2022|
|Commencement of the classes||1st of November, 2022|
- For further information regarding Assam University, go through the prospectus.
- We advise all the students to keep a close watch on the official website for all relevant updates regarding Assam University UG Admission 2022 and other additional information.
For more Admission updates, click here.