Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur will be conducting the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering, 2023 (GATE 2023) which will be held from the 4th of February 2023. The registration process starts on the 30th of August, 2022, and will end on the 30th of September, 2022. As there were issues earlier on the website, the application process started a few days later, after the technical team fixed the website issues.
GATE 2023 will be a computer-based test (CBT) organized by the IIT Kanpur. The exam will be conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee), on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GoI).
Table of Contents
GATE 2023: Steps for the registration process
- Click on the official website of the GATE 2023 application portal
- Click the log-in option below the GATE online application section
- If you are a new user, Register for creating the Enrollment ID
- A confirmation link will be sent to the email of the user
- The user must generate a password
- By using the enrollment id provided or the email, the user can log in and complete the application process
GATE 2023: The timeline
|Opening of the Online Application Portal
|30th August 2022 (Tuesday)
|Closing of the Online Application Portal
|30th September 2022 (Friday)
|Closing of the Online Application Portal (With High Fee Payment)
|7th October 2022 (Friday)
|Modifications in GATE 2023 Application form
|4th to 11th November (Friday to Friday)
|Availability of GATE 2023 admit cards for download
|3rd January 2023 (Tuesday)
|GATE 2023 examinations
|4th and 5th February 2023 (Saturday And Sunday)
11th and 12th February 2023 (Saturday and Sunday)
|Candidate’s response available on the Application Portal
|15th February 2023 (Wednesday)
|Answer Keys available on the Application Portal
|21st February 2023 (Tuesday)
|Submission challenges by candidates on Answer Keys
|22nd to 25th February 2023 (Wednesday to Saturday)
|Announcement of results
|16th March 2023 (Thursday)
|Availability of Score card download by candidates
|21st March 2023 (Tuesday)
Combination of paper in GATE 2023
- Candidates opting to appear in the two subject papers must have a primary choice of paper as their default choice.
- The second choice of paper has to be chosen from the allowed combinations given in the Table (Click the link Table).
- In cases where the subjects on the table have been removed for any unforeseen reasons, the fee paid for the paper will be refunded to the candidates.
- In certain cases, the examination center of a candidate for the second paper may be different (but in the same city) from that for the first paper due to the infrastructure and scheduling constraints.
|SC/ ST/ PwD
|All others including foreign nationals
GATE 2023: Previous year’s question paper
The authority has released the previous year’s question paper of GATE on the official website. Candidates can click the link (GATE Previous Year Question Paper) and download the question paper accordingly. The website also contains syllabi of the subjects that are allotted for the examinations. Aspirants can click the link (GATE 2023 syllabus) and download the syllabus of the examinations.
About GATE examinations
This is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Masters’s Program and Recruitment by some Public Sector Companies.
Valid GATE 2023 score can be used for seeking admission to (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts; and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies.
For more educational news, click here.