IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023: The Indian Air Force has released an official notification regarding the enlistment of Agniveer Vayu. This recruitment drive is facilitated by the recently introduced AGNIPATH Scheme. Individuals who meet the necessary eligibility criteria and are interested in serving in the Indian Air Force can apply through the official website of the Indian Air Force.
The number and employability of female candidates under IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023 will be decided as per service requirements. The recently released advertisement will not be considered for the selection as commissioned officers/ pilots/ navigators.
Table of Contents
IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023: Eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria are a very important aspect of IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023. The candidates applying for the examination must be eligible for each and every criterion. The criteria are laid down below:
- Candidates born between 27 June 2003 and 27 December 2006 (both dates are inclusive) are eligible to apply.
- In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the Selection Procedure under IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023, then the upper age limit as of the date of enrolment should be 21 years.
- Only unmarried Indian male and female candidates are eligible for enrolment as Agniveervayu under IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023.
- Candidates will have to give a certificate of being “unmarried” at the time of enrolment. Agniveervayu will not be permitted to marry during their entire tenure of four years in the IAF.
- A candidate may be dismissed from service if he/ she marries during his/ her tenure or is found to be already married in spite of giving a certificate of being “unmarried”.
- Candidates should have passed the Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and English from an Education Board listed as a COBSE member with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. (OR)
- Passed Three years of Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course). (OR)
- Passed Two years of Vocational courses with non-vocational subjects viz. Physics and Mathematics from State Education Boards/ Councils that are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in the vocational courses (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in the vocational course).marks in English in the vocational courses or in Intermediate/ Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational courses.
Other than Science Subjects
- Passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent Examination in any subjects approved by Central/ State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. (OR).
- Passed two years’ vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in the vocational course or in Intermediate/ Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
- Candidates eligible for the Science Subjects examination (Including Intermediate/ 10+2/ three years’ diploma course in engineering or two years’ vocational course with non-vocational subjects of Physics and Maths) are also eligible for Other than Science Subjects and would be given an option of appearing in both Science Subjects and Other than Science Subjects examination in one sitting while filling up the online registration form.
- Education Boards listed on the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE) website (cobse.org.in) as members, as of the date of registration shall only be considered.
- The exact aggregate Percentage of marks before decimal as written in the marks sheet of 10+2/ Intermediate/ Equivalent Examination/ Three years Diploma Course/ Two years Vocational Course OR calculated as per the rules of the concerned Education Board/ Polytechnic Institute shall only be considered (For example 49.99% should be taken as 49% and not to be rounded off to 50%).
Mandatory Medical Standards
General Medical Standards for candidates applying for IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2022 are as follows:-
- Height: Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cm (For Male candidates) and 152 cm (For Female candidates).
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age.
- Chest: For male candidate’s minimum chest circumference will be 77 cm and the chest expansion should be at least 5 cm. For female candidates, the chest wall should be well proportioned with a minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Corneal Surgery: (PRK/ LASIK) is not acceptable.
- Hearing: The candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters by each ear separately.
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, a good set of teeth, and a minimum of 14 dental points.
- Visual Standards: (There must be valid and latest prescription and spectacle for corrected vision if used. The prescription must bear the signature, stamp, and registration number of the eye specialist. The prescription should not be more than one month old).
|Visual Acuity||Maximum limits of Refractive error||Colour|
|6/12 each eye, correctable to 6/6 each eye||Hypermetropia: +2.0D|
Including ± 0.50 D Astigmatism
- General Health: The candidate applying for IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023 should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He/ She should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or communicable disease, infection, and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally fit to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
- Gynecological Examination (For female candidates): The examination covers external genitalia, hernia orifices, and the perineum, any evidence of stress urinary incontinence, or genital prolapse outside the introitus.
- Gender (For female candidates): Any candidate if found to have predominant characteristics of the opposite gender as evident on external physical examination, will be rejected as unfit. Any candidate having undergone gender reassignment surgery will be declared unfit.
- Pregnancy (For female candidates): Any candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified to be considered for IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2022, and her candidature rejected. A candidate should not have conceived at the time of reporting or till the conclusion of four years tenure. If found to be pregnant later during the training or engagement period of four years, suitable action for Dismissal/ Removal will be undertaken.
- Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS): Consumption of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic substances banned under the NDPS Act 1985 shall be a reject criterion for selection into the IAF and AGNIVEERVAYU through IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2022 found either in possession or storing or distributing or consuming such drugs and substances after enrolment shall be liable for disciplinary action including dismissal from the IAF. ZERO-TOLERANCE POLICY FOR ALCOHOLISM AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IS FOLLOWED IN IAF.
- Body Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on the inner face of the forearms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/ reverse side of the palm, and Tribals with tattoos which are as per the custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. However, the right to consider a tattoo acceptable or unacceptable will rest with the selection centre. Candidates with permanent body tattoos are to submit two Postcard size photographs (close-up and distinct view) with details of the size and type of the Tattoo during the second phase of testing.
- Only Sikh Candidates, whose religion prohibits cutting the hair or shaving of the face, shall be permitted to grow hair and/ or retain a beard and moustache. Accordingly, those Sikh candidates willing to retain the same as per laid down specifications are to get their photographs with beards and moustaches.
The selection of the candidate in IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023 will occur on the basis of the entrance exam. Students with both science and non-science backgrounds can participate in the entrance exams. The details are given below:
|Groups||Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Allotted time (in Mins)|
|Airmen (Other than Science)||Reasoning and General Awareness||30||50||45|
|Airmen (Both Science and Other than Science)||Mathematics||25||100||85|
|Reasoning and General Awareness||30|
How to apply for IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023?
- The candidates eligible for the examinations are to fill out Online Applications by logging on to agnipathvayu.cdac.in
- A new tab will open in your browser, directing you to the official web portal
- On the portal, you will find an option to register yourself by selecting the candidate Login option
- Once registered, you will need to provide all the required details as requested. Following that, you will need to upload the necessary documents
- Afterwards, you will be required to make the payment for the examination fee
- Once the payment is successfully processed, your application will be submitted
- Make sure to keep a copy of the acknowledgement for future reference and usage
NOTE: During online registration of IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023, the following documents are to be uploaded as applicable by respective candidates: –
- Class 10th/ matriculation passing certificate
- Intermediate/10+2 or equivalent mark sheet (OR)
- 3-Yrs Engineering Diploma Final Year Mark sheet (if applying on the basis of a 3-Yrs Engineering Diploma from a Govt. recognized polytechnic in the prescribed stream) and Intermediate/ Matriculation mark sheet (if English is not a subject in Diploma Course) (OR)
- 2 Yrs Vocational course mark sheets of non-vocational course with subjects English, Physics, and Mathematics
The candidate needs to pay Exam fees to sit for IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023 examinations. The examination fee of Rs. 250/- is to be paid by the candidate while registering for the online examination.
The important dates regarding IAF Agniveervayu Recruitment 2023 are given below:
|Application Start Date||27th July 2023|
|Application Closing Date||17th August 2023|
|Admit Card release date||10th October 2023 onwards|
|Exam commencement date||13th October 2023 onwards|
|Provisional Selection List||17th May 2024|
|Final Enrollment List||27th May 2024|
For more educational news, click here.