IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship 2022; here is all you should know
The application portal for the IIT Gandhinagar Early Career Fellowship is live now, offering selected candidates with a grant of INR 1,00,000 per month.
IIT Gandhinagar has released a notification inviting applicants for the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship (IITGN-ECF). The fellowship program offers Doctoral degree holders the opportunity to work on exciting challenges or research problems in a creative and interdisciplinary ecosystem. Also, the fellowship program offers the selected candidates a fellowship grant of INR 1,00,000 per month and other benefits.
The application portal is live now and will continue till the 10th of May 2022. Through this fellowship program, the selected candidates are expected to reach higher scales in their research outcome with significant impact, and support through exposure to networking for collaborative research, student mentoring, external grant writing, engaging in transformative projects and missions, and pursuing entrepreneurial endeavors, etc.
Also Read : NIT Meghalaya Summer Internship Program 2022; know more
Eligibility for IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career Fellowship
The candidates applying for the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career fellowship program must hold the following eligibility-
- The applicants should have successfully defended the doctoral thesis from an institution in India or abroad on or after 1st January 2021
- Also, the candidates who have already submitted their doctoral thesis or are planning to submit their thesis in the next couple of months are also eligible to apply
- The applicants should be an Indian Citizens or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders
Benefits of the IIT Gandhinagar Early-Career fellowship program
- The selected candidates will receive Rs. 1,00,000 per month (Rs. 90,000/- and Rs 10,000/- HRA). HRA will be provided only if the fellow is not availing of any on-campus accommodation.
- The Fellowship program is initially for one year, which can be extended up to two years if performance is outstanding.
- The selected candidates will also grant a professional development grant of up to Rs 2 Lakh per year.
- The selected candidates will get to work with an IITGN faculty member on a well-identified research problem that could lead to a significant scholarly contribution through scholarly publications.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicants are allowed to apply to any discipline and can submit only one application
- The faculty members may endorse more than one proposal to a candidate
- The applicant will have to submit a personal statement describing their aspirations and expectations from themselves with the fellowship
- The applicants will have to develop a research proposal in a prescribed format in collaboration with a faculty member at IITGN that will outline their research and professional objectives
- The research plan must be endorsed by the proposed faculty collaborator. Also, the applicants are strongly encouraged to directly contact the faculty collaborator.
- The applicant must provide the names and contact information of three referees who can objectively assess the candidate’s potential for this fellowship
- Interested candidates can visit the official website and apply for the program on or before 10th May 2022.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the interview.
For more education news and updates – Click here.