Indian Navy Chargeman Recruitment 2023: The Indian Navy on May 15, 2023, issued a notification on its official website, inviting applications to fill in vacancies against 372 Chargemen-II Posts. The last date to apply for the same is May 29, 2023. Selected candidates will have to serve in the units under the administrative control of Headquarters Western Naval Command, Mumbai, Headquarters Eastern Naval Command, Visakhapatnam, Headquarters Southern Naval Command, Kochi, and Headquarters Andaman and Nicobar Command, Port Blair.
The vacancies will be filled by a written examination followed by a physical fitness test. Interested candidates can refer to this article for all kinds of relevant information.
Table of Contents
Who are eligible to apply for Indian Navy Chargeman Recruitment 2023?
The age limit for the post is 18-25 years for Indian Navy Chargeman Recruitment 2023.
- Degree in Science with Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics from a recognized University
- (OR) A Diploma in Engineering in the appropriate discipline from a recognized University or Board
- The applicants with higher qualifications may be considered, provided that they are in possession of one of the required essential educational qualifications as mentioned above, as per the decision of the competent authority
Nature of the Job of an Indian Navy Chargeman
The role of the Chargeman is to undertake repairs and refit of ships and submarines’ equipment and structure both onboard and on the shop floor. A Chargeman has to maintain plant and machinery on the shop floor. He or She has to supervise and manage his/her team and complete the given task in the stipulated time with the required quality.
Whenever necessary, he /she has to undertake the independently also. He / She has to take care of the safety of his /her workforce under him /her and machines while working onboard the ship, shop floor, in hazardous areas, and also to provide and manage all the accessories and machines, etc. to complete the task in time. The nature of duties specified above is only indicative.
A Non-refundable application fee of Rs.278 has to be paid by the candidates in order to complete the application process.
How to apply for Indian Navy Chargeman Recruitment 2023?
- Candidates may scroll down and click on the direct link to apply online. Next, proceed with clicking “Join Navy” followed by “Ways to Join”, then click on “Civilian”, and finally on “Chargeman–II(Redesignated as Chargeman)”.
- Now, the candidate must register online by filling up the basic details. After successful registration, the candidate will get a user Id & password on the registered email (note it down & keep it safely), which will be used to log in to fill out the application.
- Candidates will be required to indicate their choice of Command for posting, in order of preference. This will have no bearing on their merit. The Indian Navy will utilize this information to determine the place of posting, to the extent feasible in respect of qualified candidates
- Finally, pay the application fee and then submit the application form.
Documents Required to Fill in Application for Indian Navy Chargeman Recruitment 2023
- Passport-size colour photograph with light background (preferably white) without any obstacle covering /obstructing the face and eyes. The size of the photograph should be between 20Kb and 50 Kb.
- The candidate’s signature should be on plain white paper with black ink. The size of the signature document should be between 10kb to 20 kb
- A copy of the candidate’s Caste /EWS Certificate, in case, applying against a reserved post
- A copy of the candidate’s Birth Certificate /Matriculation /SSC certificate for the Date of Birth
- A copy of the candidate’s relevant education qualification proof
- A copy of a certificate showing disability for PwBDs and eligibility for the scribe, if applicable
Important Dates and Links for Indian Navy Chargeman Recruitment
|Starting of the Online Application Process||May 15, 2023|
|Last date to apply||May 29, 2023|
|Direct Link for application process||Click Here|
For more job-related news, click here.