The Indian Navy has released a notification on the recruitment of Agniveer vacancies for the 2023 batch. The notification has invited online applications from unmarried male and unmarried female candidates who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India for enrolment as Agniveer Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR) for 01/2023 (May 23) batch.
A total of 1400 vacancies, which include a maximum of 280 females only, will be earmarked in a state-wise manner.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Conditions for Agniveer (SSR)
- Candidates must be Qualified in the 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer Science from the Boards of School Education recognized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
- Candidate should be born between 01 May 2002 – 31 Oct 2005 (Both dates inclusive).
- Only unmarried Indian male and female candidates are eligible for enrolment as Agniveer in the Indian Navy, the candidates will have to give a certificate of being ‘unmarried’ at the time of enrolment.
- Agniveers shall not be permitted to marry during their entire tenure of four years in the Indian Navy. A candidate shall be dismissed from service if he/ she marries during his/her tenure or is found to be already married despite giving a certificate of being unmarried.
Selection Process Agniveer (SSR)
The selection process of the Agniveer (SSR) – 01/2023 batch will include three stages i.e.
- Stage I: INET (Computer-Based Online Examination)
- Stage II: Written Examination, PFT, and Initial Medical
- Stage III: Final Recruitment Medical Examination
Stage 1: INET (Computer-Based Online Examination)
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the score of the Computer-Based Online Examination which will be carried out in state wise manner and may vary from state to state as vacancies have been allocated in a state-wise manner.
Scheme of the Computer-based Examination
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics, and General
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2. The syllabus & sample papers for the examination are available on the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- The duration of the examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections as well as in aggregate. The Indian Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate
Stage II: Written Examination, PFT, and Initial Medical
To be selected, qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for all candidates applying for Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR).
|Gender||1.6 Km run||Squats||Push-ups||Bent Knee Situps|
|Male||06 min 30 sec||20||12||–|
- Candidates qualifying in PFT will qualify for Initial Medical Examination.
- Then the merit list will be prepared based on performance in Stage-II written exam, subject to qualification in Physical Fitness Test and Initial Medical Examination.
Stage III: Final Recruitment Medical Examination
- Candidates who are found medically fit in the Final Recruitment Medical Examination will be recruited which will be conducted at INS Chilka.
- Any female candidate, if found to be pregnant shall be disqualified and her candidature rejected. A candidate should not have conceived at the time of reporting or till the conclusion of four years of tenure. If found to be pregnant later during the training or engagement period of four years.
- The minimum height standard for males is 157 cm and for a female is 152 cm.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e from the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of the palm/ back (dorsal) side of the hand.
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better eye- 6/6||Better eye- 6/6|
|Worse eye- 6/9||Worse eye- 6/6|
Important dates and steps to apply
Start of Online application: 08th December 2022
End of Online application: 17th December 2022
Training. Training for the Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR) course will commence on 23th May 2023, at INS Chilka, Odisha.
- Firstly, visit the official website joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Then, candidates need to register themselves with their emails.
- Log–in with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
- Click on the “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct, and all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- Online applications will be further scrutinized for eligibility and may be rejected at any stage if found ineligible in any respect.
- Photographs. The Photograph To Be Uploaded Should Be Of Good Quality With Blue Background.
The original documents uploaded by the candidates during the online filling of the application i.e, Original Certificates, Mark Sheets, Domicile Certificate, and NCC Certificate (if held) are to be brought by the candidates at all stages of recruitment (PFT and Enrollment Medical at INS Chilka).
If the details provided in ‘the online application’ are not matching with original documents at any stage, the candidature will be canceled.
For more education news and updates, click here.