The National Testing Agency is now inviting online applications from eligible candidates for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main 2023) Session-1, January. The applications are made accessible for the candidates since the 15th of December, 2022 and the closing date is on the 12th of January, 2023. Interested candidates can register themselves online by visiting the official websites.
This year, JEE Main 2023 examination consists of two papers, Paper-01 is for candidates who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) or Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) at NITs, IITs, IIITs, or other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). Paper-02 is for candidates who wish to pursue Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) or Bachelor of Planning (B. Planning) programs.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
There are certain conditions set to maintain the authenticity of the JEE Main 2023 examination. Candidates need to fulfill the conditions in order to sit in the JEE Main 2023 examination. They are as follows:
- Only those candidates who have passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2021, 2022, or those who are appearing in Class 12/equivalent examination in 2023, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2023.
- Candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the Class 12 examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- Candidates who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination.
- There is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12/equivalent examination in 2021, 2022, or appearing in 2023 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2023 examination. However, the candidates may be required to fulfill the age criteria of the Institute(s) to which they are desirous of taking admission.
- Candidates must have completed a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- Candidates must have completed the Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Candidates must have completed the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Candidates must have completed any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country that is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates must have completed Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
How to apply?
Before proceeding with filling up the online application forms, candidates need to scan and size the essential documents which are to be uploaded during the registration process. The required size of the documents are as mentioned:
- The recent passport-size photograph should be either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against a white background. It should be in JPG format (clearly legible) and between 10 kb to 200 kb
- The signature should be in JPG format (clearly legible) and between 4 kb to 30 kb
- The size of the scanned copy of the Category Certificate and PwD certificate should be between 10 kb to 300 kb (clearly legible)
Steps to register
Candidates will require to follow the steps below in order to fill for the JEE Main 2023 form:
- Candidates will need to visit the official website first
- On the homepage, click on the “JEE(Main) 2023 Session 1 Application” link
- Then next click on “new registration” and read the mentioned instructions carefully
- Then enter your details to register yourself
- Once you get the application number and password, login to fill the application form
- Fill the application form with the essential details and upload documents
- Save your details to proceed and after entering all the details, submit your form and pay the application fees
- Don’t forget to download the application form and the payment receipt for future references.
The online application fee can be paid through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net-Banking and UPI. The fee for different categories are as follows:
- General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)
- Female – Rs 800
- Male – Rs 1,000
- SC/ST/PWD – Rs 500
- Third gender – Rs 500
The details below are for the JEE Main 2023 session-1, January:
|Online submission of application forms starts from||15 December 2022|
|Online submission of the application form ends on||12 January 2023 (up to 09:00 P.M.)|
|Last date for fee transaction||12 January 2023 (up to 11:50 P.M.)|
|Allotted of the city of examination||2nd week of January 2023|
|Availability of admit cards||3rd week of January 2023|
|Dates of examination||24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31 January 2023|
|Display of recorded responses and answer keys||To be announced later on the website|
|Declaration of result||To be announced later on the NTA website|
- Candidates can apply for JEE (Main) – 2023 through the “Online” mode only through the website. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Under no circumstances, candidates will be allowed to fill out more than one Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even at a later stage, against such candidates who have filled out more than one Application Form.
- Candidates who passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2020 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2024 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2023.
- Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- The application window for Session 2 will be re-opened as per the details available in the Information Bulletin and will also be notified separately through a Public Notice.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
- For Papers, Scheme, Timing, and other information, candidates are requested to please check the Information Bulletin of JEE Main 2023 available on the website.
In case a candidate faces any technical or non-technical difficulty in applying for JEE Main 2023 Session-1, January, he/she may contact 011-40759000 / 011-69227700 or e-mail at [email protected].
For more educational news and updates, click here.