MakeMyTrip Foundation invites applications for the ‘Padhte Raho, Badhte Raho’ Scholarship Scheme especially for students who lost their parent(s) in the Covid-19 pandemic. The scholarship is for students from schools and colleges to maintain continuity in their education. To know more about the helpful act by MakeMyTrip Foundation, read this article carefully and check out the eligibility, important key dates, selection process, financial contribution, etc.
In the mainstream, MakeMyTrip deals with safe and secure travel services for people. But, when it comes to helping the needy, MakeMyTrip makes a step forward. This is one of the noble initiatives taken by the MakeMyTrip Foundation for the sake of the nation in the deadly pandemic. There are lakhs of students who are facing helplessness in continuing their further education due to the cruel situations created by the Covid-19 pandemic. To slightly decrease the pain during this tough period, MakeMyTrip Foundation is providing financial aid to needy students who lost their parent(s).
The availability of Scholarships is for students from classes 1 to 12 or pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate level courses. Preference will be given to students whose deceased parent(s) were employees in the tourism and hospitality sector. MakeMyTrip Foundation shall in addition plan to conduct periodic mentoring sessions for the selected applicants in their own arrangement. For studies and career-related areas, guidance will be provided by the Scholarship scheme for the academic duration.
Table of Contents
Financial Incentives by MakeMyTrip Scholarship, 2022
Students in schools or pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate level courses will be provided with fixed financial assistance ranging from Rs 24,000 up to Rs 50,000, which can be used for academic purposes only. The financial aid will be for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 4 years as per requirement.
- Classes 1-8 :- Rs 24,000
- Classes 9-12 :- Rs 30,000
- Undergraduate or postgraduate :- Rs 50,000
The fund includes tuition fees, hostel fees, food, internet, training materials, books, stationery, online learning, etc. The amount will be transferred in annual form to the scholar or single parent or guardian’s bank account.
The application forms for the MakeMyTrip Foundation Scholarship ‘Padhte Raho, Badhte Raho’ 2022 are now live on their official website and will be available till 20th February 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for MakeMyTrip Foundation Scholarship, 2022
- Applicants who lost their parent(s) in the Covid-19 pandemic will be preferred
- Applicants must be Indian nationals only
- The annual family income must not be more than Rs 6,00,000 including all sources
- Applicants must be studying in Classes 1-12 or pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses in India
- Students must be enrolled in the years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
The scholars of MakeMyTrip Foundation- Padhte Raho, Badhte Raho Scholarship must attend their respective schools, colleges, or institutions on a regular basis and meet the ‘minimum attendance’ category to receive the scholarship.
Documents for Registration Process
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card or voter ID card or driving license or PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt or admission letter or institution identity card or bonafide certificate)
- Crisis document: Death certificate of parent(s)
- Hospitality sector proof: Bonafide declaration by the employer of the deceased parent(s)
- Reference of the person(s) who knows the family’s crisis who can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.
- Bank account details of applicant or parent
- Photograph of the applicant
How to register?
- First of all, visit the Buddy4Study portal by clicking here.
- Read all the details of ‘MakeMyTrip Foundation ‘Padhte Raho, Badhte Raho’ Scholarship’ and click on Apply now button.
- Now register yourselves on Buddy4study portal and then login using your registered ID. And then you will land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online scholarship application form.
- Upload the required documents carefully.
- Proceed to accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button and you are done.
The selection process of the MakeMyTrip Foundation Scholarship 2022 is a multistage process that involves the following:
- Shortlisting on the basis of valid proof of crisis.
- Telephonic interaction with the shortlisted applicants.
- Document verification.
- Final selection by the Scholarship provider.
The MakeMyTrip Foundation Scholarship, ‘Padhte Raho, Badhte Raho’ 2022 application forms are available till 20th February 2022. And all the interested candidates can apply for it using the steps mentioned above.
For more scholarship relates news and updates, click here.