The National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification on 1st November 2023 regarding the Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023 (December session). As per the notice, the registration process is now open and the Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023 examination will be held on the 26th, 27th and 28th of December. This national-level competitive exam will be conducted to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship/ Assistant Professors in Indian Universities and Colleges.
CSIR and UGC provide these Research Fellowships for training in methods of research under the expert guidance of faculty members/ scientists working in the University Department/ National Laboratories and Institutions in various fields of Science. CSIR awards a large number of JRFs each year to candidates after qualifying for the Test conducted by CSIR twice a year in June and December sessions.
Table of Contents
Subjects of CSIR UGC NET 2023
The test will be held for the subjects mentioned below:
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences||702|
(a) Essential Educational Qualifications:
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/ BS-4 years/ BE/ B. Tech/ B. Pharma/ MBBS with at least 55% (without rounding off) marks for General (UR)/ General-EWS and 50% (without rounding off) for OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST, Third gender and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as of the closing date of online submission of the Application Form are also eligible to apply for Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023.
- B.Sc. (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in an Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% (without rounding off) marks for General (UR)/ General-EWS; and 50% (without rounding off) marks for OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST, Third gender, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates possessing only a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply only for JRF and not for Lectureship/ Assistant Professor.
- B.E./ B.S./ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS final year/ result awaited candidates are eligible to apply for fellowship only. These candidates will not be eligible for Lectureship/ Assistant professor.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) final year/ Result awaited candidates are not eligible to apply.
(b) Age Limit for CSIR UGC NET 2023
- To apply for a Lectureship/ Assistant Professor, there is no upper age limit.
- But for JRF, the maximum age is 28 years as of 01/07/2023 (The upper age limit may be relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ ST/ Third gender/ Persons with Disability/ female applicants and 03 years in case of OBC-NCL applicants)
- The Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023 will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- It will consist of three parts and all of them will have objective-type, multiple-choice questions.
- Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part will contain questions on General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part ‘B’ will contain subject-related conventional MCQs, generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part ‘C’ will contain higher-order questions that are designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be analytical where a candidate is expected to apply scientific knowledge to solve the given scientific problem.
- The duration of the test will be 180 minutes (3 hours).
- The Medium of the paper will be Bilingual (English and Hindi).
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023 (December) by clicking on the link given below
- On the homepage, click on the link that reads, “Joint CSIR-UGC NET Registration open (Click Here)”
- Then candidates will be redirected to a new page, click on “New registration”
- Read the rules and regulations mentioned there carefully and then get yourself registered on the portal
- Once the registration process is completed, log in and fill out the application form
- Upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format
- Then proceed to the payment section and pay the applicable fees
- Lastly, submit the form and download it along with the payment receipt for future reference
Candidates who are interested in registering for Joint CSIR UGC NET 2023 (December) will have to pay an application fee, which can be paid using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, and even UPI as per the candidate’s convenience. Here are the fees applicable:
|OBC-(NCL)/ EWS||Rs. 550/-|
|SC/ ST/ Third gender||Rs. 275/-|
|Person with Disabilities (PwD)||Nil|
|Start of Online registration||1st November 2023|
|End of Online registration||30th November 2023 (05:00 pm)|
|Last Date for Fee payment||30th November 2023 (11:50 pm)|
|Correction window||2nd to 4th December 2023|
|Issue of Admit card||Not announced yet|
|Date of Exam||26th, 27th & 28th December 2023|
|Result Declaration||Not announced yet|
|Notification of CSIR UGC NET 2023 (December)|
|Link to apply|
|Previous Year Question Papers of CSIR NET|
For more education news, Click here.