The National Testing Agency (NTA) on June 26th issued a notification inviting applications in the online mode for the National Common Entrance Test or NCET 2023. This test is conducted to select eligible students for admission into 4-Year Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP), that is B.Sc-B.Ed & BA-B.Ed courses in selected Central or State Institutions including IITs, NITs, RIEs, and Government Colleges for the academic session 2023-24.
Online submission of the application form began on June 26th, 2023. The last date to apply for the same is July 19th, 2023. Interested candidates can refer to this article for all kinds of relevant information.
Table of Contents
- For appearing in the NCET 2023, there is no age limit for the candidates.
- The candidates who have passed the class 12th/ equivalent examination or are appearing in 2023 can appear in NCET 2023 examination.
- As the participating institutions have specific eligibility criteria, candidates are advised to check the details of programmes offered by the participating institutions along with their Eligibility Criteria at the respective Universities or Institutions’ websites, in whichever institution they wish to apply for.
A total of 160 questions shall be attempted by the candidate, which will be divided into the following 4 sections:
|Section 1 (Languages)||Candidates need to choose any 2 languages from the 33 available options, and there will be 20 questions from each language.|
|Section 2 (Domain-Specific Subjects)||Candidates need to choose 3 Domains specific subjects from available 26 options as desired by the applicable institution. And each Subject will have 25 questions.|
|Section 3 (General Test)||The General Test will have 25 questions.|
|Section 4 (Teaching Aptitude)||Teaching Aptitude will have 20 questions.|
- For every Correct answer, a candidate will receive four marks (+4).
- And the wrong answer(s) will carry a negative marking of 1 mark each, and the Questions Unanswered/ Marked for Review will carry no marks.
- As per the guidelines laid down by New Education Policy (NEP), the question paper of NCET 2023 will be provided in the following languages: Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, English, Bengali, Malayalam, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, Telegu, and Tamil.
How to apply for NCET 2023?
- First of all, a candidate should click on the Link to apply (given below)
- Now, read all the instructions given and then click on the ‘Click here to proceed’ button
- Then enter your basic details and complete the registration procedure
- Once the registration is done, an Application number will be generated; note that down
- Next, log in to the portal using the application number and password
- Fill in all the information part by part and then upload the necessary images/ documents as asked on the website
- Lastly, pay the application fees, preview all the details, and submit the form
- Also, download the application form for future references
|General/ UR||₹ 1200/-|
|OBC (NCL)/ EWS||₹ 1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Third gender||₹ 650/-|
Participating Institutions in NCET
Once the entrance test is conducted and results are published, candidates who have appeared in NCET 2023 will need to participate in the Counselling/ admission process of any Central/ State University / Institution (IITs, NITs, RIEs, and Govt. Colleges) which have been granted recognition by NCTE for ITEP for the academic session 2023-24.
University/ Institution /Govt. College may fill up the vacant seats thereafter from the pool of NCET-qualified candidates. In order to check the list of participating Universities and Institutions, scroll down to the important dates and links section and read Annexure II of the official notification of NCET 2023.
Important Dates and Links
|Start of the online application process||June 26, 2023|
|Last date to apply for the same||July 19, 2023|
|Correction window||July 21 to July 22, 2023|
|Announcement of the City of Examination||26 July 2023 onwards|
|Downloading Admit Cards from the NTA website||3 days before the actual date of the Examination|
|Date of Examination (NCET 2023)||To be announced later on the website|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced later on the website|
|Official website of NCET 2023||Click here|
|Information Brochure||Click here|
|Link to the official notification||Click here|
|Link to apply||Click here|
For more admission-related news, click here.