The National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification on 30th September 2023 and informed about the opening of the online portal for the submission of Application Forms for the National Eligibility Test or UGC NET December 2023. The application process for UGC NET 2023 (December) will be open till the 28th of October 2023 (upto 05:00 PM).
This time, NTA is planning to conduct the test from the 6th of December to the 22nd of December, 2023. In this article, candidates can find all the details about UGC NET December 2023, starting from Eligibility conditions, steps to apply, and application fees, to its Exam Pattern.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
This is the set of criteria that a candidate needs to fit in to sit in the UGC NET December 2023:
- Candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in master’s degree or equivalent examination from UGC-recognized universities/ colleges in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- Whereas, 50% marks are required for Transgender candidates along with aspirants belonging to the OBC non-creamy layer/ SC/ ST/ PWD category.
- Candidates pursuing a master’s degree or having appeared for the final exam and waiting for their results can also apply. Such candidates will be provisionally admitted and will be eligible for the award of JRF/ eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s degree with the required percentage according to category. Also, note that candidates must complete their master’s degree within 2 years of the declaration of the UGC NET result.
- Candidates with PhD degrees whose master’s exam was completed by 19th September 1991 will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (Students can check the information brochure for complete details).
- Candidates are advised to appear for the NET exam in the subject they have completed their post-graduation. If the subject is not available, then they can choose a subject similar to it.
- Candidates having a post-graduate diploma/ certificate awarded by an Indian University/ Institute or a foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by a foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate with a Master s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- Age Limit and Relaxation:
- For JRF, candidates should not be more than 30 years as on the 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01/02/2023.
- A relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD, Third gender categories, and to women applicants.
- Whereas for Assistant Professors, there is no upper age limit in applying for UGC NET December 2023.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of UGC NET December 2023 by clicking on the link given below
- On the homepage, click on the link that reads, “UGC NET December 2023 Registration open. Click Here”
- Then candidates will be redirected to a new page, click on “New registration”
- Read the rules and regulations mentioned there carefully and then get yourself registered on the portal
- Once the registration process is completed, log in and fill out the application form
- Upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format
- Then proceed to the payment section and pay the applicable fees
- Lastly, submit the form and download it along with the payment receipt of UGC NET December 2023 for future reference
Candidates who are interested in registering for UGC NET December 2023 will have to pay an application fee, which can be paid using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, and even UPI as per the candidate’s convenience. Here are the fees applicable:
|OBC-(NCL)/ EWS||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ ST/ Person with Disabilities(PwD)/ Third gender||Rs. 325/-|
- The question paper will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions.
- The language of the question paper will be as per the selection made by the candidates from Hindi and English.
- The exam will be conducted in CBT (Computer Based Test/ Online) mode.
- There will be a total of two papers in the examination.
- The time duration of the exam will be 3 hours and it will be without any break.
- For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded and there will be 300 marks in total.
- There will be no negative marking scheme for the UGC NET December 2023 paper.
The UGC NET December 2023 Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Paper I||Paper II|
|50 Questions||100 Questions|
|100 marks||200 marks|
|The questions in Paper I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.||This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.|
|Starting of Online Applications||30th September 2023|
|Last date to apply||28th October 2023 (upto 05:00 PM)|
|Last date for submission of Examination fee||29th October 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in the Particulars in the Online Application Form||30th & 31st October 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Announcement of City of Exam Centre||Last week of November 2023|
|Availability of Admit Card||First week of December 2023|
|Dates of Exam (UGC NET December 2023)||6th to 22nd December 2023|
|Declaration of Result||10th January 2024|
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Under no circumstances, candidates will be allowed to fill out more than one Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even later, against candidates who have filled out more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website as the candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/ Guardians’ only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
- If any candidate faces any technical or non-technical issue in applying for UGC NET December 2023, he/she may contact 011-40759000/ 011-69227700 or e-mail [email protected].
For more news and updates, click here.