CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023: University Grant Commission (UGC) has recently launched CU Chayan, a portal that will recruit all the faculties of different Central Universities in the country. This new initiative is being initiated to clear out various issues regarding recruitment and help in the smooth assigning of faculty recruitment in various Central Universities (CU).
UGC Chairman M Jagadish Kumar said this CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023 is “User Friendly” and will integrate all the stakeholders involved in the teacher’s recruitment process. However, current recruitments for which advertisements have already been issued will go on without using this portal. But, all future appointments will take place on this portal, the UGC Chairman added. He added that the portal would not affect the autonomy of Central Universities.
Table of Contents
CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023: Features and significance
CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023 has got new features to appoint faculty members in different CUs:
- There will be an administration dashboard for each University on this portal
- UGC will be maintaining this portal for the benefit of all the CUs
- Central Universities will continue to advertise the positions, collect online applications, shortlist the applicants, conduct interviews, and appoint faculty members
- The portal makes the recruitment process completely online starting from application to screening, with alerts to all the users of the portal
- It will have features such as single applicant login for applying to any Central University, real-time tracking of applications, a personalized dashboard for each applicant, an administration dashboard for each University or Department, and a built-in email communication tool
- The applicant can also search for jobs using various filters like the name of the University, location, designation, category, subject, type of employment, experience, and education level
How to use the CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023: Step-wise methods
The official notification regarding the portal was released on the 3rd of May 2023 on the UGC’s official website. The simple steps required to use the portal are given below:
- Visit the official website of CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023
- Enter your location, designation, your category, etc
- Based on the location select what kind of post you want
- Give all your details accurately regarding which subject you want to apply to based on the eligibility criteria
- Apply for the preferred post
CU Chayan recruitment portal 2023 will affect autonomy!
On the issue, where it might be a question regarding the autonomy of each of the institutions, UGC Chairman said,” All the above activities will be carried out through the administration dashboard for each University on this portal. The UGC will be maintaining this portal for the benefit of all the CUs and is not a centralized recruitment process”. The concept of this portal is not about autonomy but about bringing all the CUs to a common platform. Various scholars and Vice-chancellors are involved in this decision.
CU Chayan recruitment portal will provide a consolidated list of job openings across all 46 central universities under the Union Ministry of Education. According to the Union Government’s recent submission in the Lok Sabha, nearly 31% of sanctioned positions in central universities are vacant. This portal will address this issue by fast-tracking the recruitment process.
Screening committee to look for the details
Jagadish Kumar has further assured details regarding the involvement of the screening committee in the whole recruitment procedure. “The screening committee of the University can view details of the applicants; points or research scores given by the system; check the uploaded document against each entry point; and comments of the screening committee can also be recorded in the portal itself,” Prof. Kumar said.
For more educational news, click here