IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023: The Refineries Division of the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has issued a job advertisement, seeking to fill 1720 positions for Technician Apprentice and Trade Apprentice roles in both Technical and Non-Technical fields. The application procedure for IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023 is open now and the deadline is on the 20th of November, 2023. Candidates willing to apply for it can check out the crucial details in this article.
Table of Contents
Vacancies of IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023
|Post||No of posts|
|Trade Apprentice – Attendant Operator||421|
|Trade Apprentice (Fitter)||189|
|Trade Apprentice (Mechanical)||59|
|Technician Apprentice (Chemical)||345|
|Technician Apprentice (Mechanical)||169|
|Technician Apprentice (Electrical)||244|
|Technician Apprentice (Instrumentation)||93|
|Trade Apprentice (Secretarial Assistant)||79|
|Trade Apprentice (Accountant)||39|
|Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator)||49|
|Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator)||33|
- For General/ EWS candidates, the eligible age range is between 18 and 24 years as of October 31, 2023.
- Mark-sheet/ Certificate issued by the Board of Secondary Education for passing the Matriculation (Class X) Examination shall be the only acceptable document in support of age.
- Age relaxations:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC/ MOBC: 3 years
- PwBD: 10 years
- PwBD-OBC (NCL): 13 years
- PwBD-SC/ST: 15 years
- The prescribed qualification for Class XII/ Graduate/ Diploma holders should be from a recognized Board/ University/ Institute as a regular full-time course in the relevant trade/ discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST and PwBD category candidates for the seats reserved for them) in aggregate.
- To be eligible for ITI qualification in the relevant trade of IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023, candidates must have successfully completed a full-time ITI course recognized by NCVT/ SCVT, with a requirement of passing marks.
- Only those candidates possessing the specified Branch/ Subject in their Diploma, Graduation, or ITI qualifications as indicated for each respective Trade/ Discipline will be deemed eligible.
- Candidates holding a qualification acquired through part-time/ correspondence/ distance education mode are not eligible.
- Some of the vacancy-specific eligibility criteria are given below:
|Trade Apprentice – Attendant Operator||B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry)|
|Trade Apprentice (Fitter)||Matric with ITI in Fitter Trade of minimum 2 years duration with Pass class|
|Trade Apprentice (Mechanical)||B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry)|
|Technician Apprentice (Chemical)||3-year Diploma in Chemical Engg./ Petrochemical Engg./ Chemical Technology/ Refinery and Petrochemical Engg|
|Technician Apprentice (Mechanical)||3-year Diploma in Mechanical Engg|
|Technician Apprentice (Electrical)||3-year Diploma in Electrical Engg./ Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Technician Apprentice (Instrumentation)||3-year Diploma in Instrumentation Engg/ Instrumentation & Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control Engg/ Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|Trade Apprentice (Secretarial Assistant)||B.A./ B.Sc/ B.Com|
|Trade Apprentice (Accountant)||B.Com|
|Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator)||Class XII pass|
|Trade Apprentice (Data Entry Operator)||Class XII pass with Skill Certificate holder in Domestic Data Entry Operator|
- 10th Pass/ Matriculation certificate issued by the concerned education board as proof of date of birth
- Class XII/ Final ITI (Fitter) issued by NCVT or SCVT/ Graduation/ Diploma Certificate issued by respective Board/ Authority
- Conversion certificate from CGPA/ OGPA/ Letter Grade to percentage of marks, if applicable, from concerned University/ Institute
- Certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Polytechnic/ School/ College/ Institute from where the candidate pursued his/ her Class XII/ ITI (Fitter)/ Graduation/ Diploma course, if applicable
- Certificate for SC/ ST/ PwD or Certificate for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) with a “Declaration”
- Certificate for EWS-Income and Asset, along with a “Declaration” for Economically Weaker Sections candidates
- For Candidates applying in ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’ – A skill certificate issued by an awarding body recognized under the National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognised by the Central Govt. in this regard
How to apply?
To apply for IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023, the candidates must follow these steps:
- The candidates should visit the official website by clicking on the link given below
- Navigate to the ‘What’s New,’ section and then click on ‘Engagement of Apprentices under the Refineries Division’
- Then the candidate must click on the link given to apply for IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023
- Now, candidates will need to select any one discipline from the list shown and “Proceed”
- Next, select any one Refinery from the list given and then click on the ‘Apply now’ button
- Now read the instructions and proceed to fill up the personal details, and upload a photo and signature
- Then enter the qualification info, experience etc. as asked in the portal
- Pay the application fees and then submit the application form
- After clicking the Final Submit button, the candidates should download a copy of the online application for future reference
- The selection of the candidates in IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023 will occur through a written test in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format.
- The examination will commence in offline mode.
- The final merit list will be prepared based on the evaluation of the test marks and their educational details.
- A candidate must score a minimum of 40% in the Written Test. However, candidates from the SC/ ST/ PwBD categories will need to secure a minimum of 35% to qualify for reserved positions.
- Candidates in the PwBD categories, who have received concessions in eligibility qualification marks or in Written Test qualifying marks, will be considered for reserved seats, regardless of their position within the category.
- For candidates applying for IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023 at specific refinery units (Guwahati, Barauni, Gujarat, Digboi, and Bongaigaon Refineries), the Written Test will be conducted at the respective refinery locations.
- For candidates applying in IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023 in Haldia, Mathura, Panipat, and Paradip Refineries, the test will take place in Kolkata, Noida, New Delhi, and Bhubaneswar, respectively. Exact venue details will be provided in the Admit Card.
|Opening of the application portal||21-10-2023|
|Last date to apply||20-11-2023|
|Release of Admit Cards||27-11-2023 to 02-12-2023 (Tentative)|
|Written Test (IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2023)||03-12-2023 (Tentative)|
|Result Declaration||13-12-2023 (Tentative)|
|Document Verification||18-12-2023 to 26-12-2023 (Tentative)|
For more educational news, click here.