PHED Recruitment 2023: The Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) posted the official notice for the recruitment of Assistant Engineer (AE) and Junior Engineer (JE) under the Public Health Engineering Department (PHED) on its official website. This job opportunity aims to hire people for 345 open positions of AE and JE in the Engineering department.
For interested candidates, the online application process for PHED Recruitment 2023 started on the 3rd of November 2023. It will remain open until the 2nd of December and 5th of December 2023 for AE and JE respectively. To access comprehensive information regarding the recruitment, including the details mentioned in the notification, kindly refer to this article.
Table of Contents
Vacancies of PHED Recruitment 2023
The vacancies of Assistant Engineer (AE) and Junior Engineer (JE) Recruitment 2023 under PHED Recruitment 2023 are open for various departments. The lists are detailed below:
Assistant Engineer (AE)
Junior Engineer (JE)
- Out of 212 posts of the Civil Branch, 66 are reserved for Women, 21 for PwD and 3 for Ex-Servicemen.
- Out of 26 posts of the Mechanical Branch, 6 are reserved for Women, 2 for PwD and 1 for Ex-Servicemen.
- 1 posts each in the Electrical & Chemical Branch for Ex-Servicemen.
The remuneration for candidates selected in the PHED Recruitment 2023 will include salary and other allowances. The salary details are given below:
|Posts||Pay Scale||Grade Pay||Pay Band|
|AE||₹30,000 – ₹1,10,000||₹ 12,700||Pay Band 4|
|JE||₹14,000 – ₹70,000||₹ 8,700||Pay Band 2|
- The candidate applying for PHED Recruitment 2023 must be a permanent resident of Assam.
- The Candidate must produce PRC issued in Assam for educational purposes as proof of residency along with the application form OR The candidate must produce an Employment Exchange Registration certificate in the state of Assam along with the application form.
The candidates applying for PHED Recruitment 2023 should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as of 01/01/2023 for AE. In the case of JE, the candidate’s minimum age limit is 18 years. Relaxations in the upper age limit shall be as given below:
- SC/ ST: 5 years
- OBC/ MOBC: 3 years
- PwBD: 10 years
- Ex-Serviceman: The maximum age shall be 50 (Fifty) years as of 01/01/2023 for the Unreserved category, relaxable further by 3 (Three) years for OBC/ MOBC candidates and 5 (Five) years for SC/ ST candidates.
Educational Criteria for Assistant Engineer
To apply for the post of Assistant Engineer under PHED Recruitment 2023, the candidates must have the educational qualifications as given below:
|Civil||B.E/ B.Tech in Civil Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
|Mechanical||B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
|Electrical||B.E/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
|Chemical||B.E/ B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
Educational Criteria for Junior Engineer
For the candidates applying for Junior Engineer, the following are the educational criteria:
|Civil||3 years diploma in Civil Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
|Mechanical||3 years diploma in Mechanical Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
|Electrical||3 years diploma in Electrical Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
|Chemical||3 years diploma in Chemical Engineering from any institute recognized by AICTE|
- Class-X/ Class-XlI Examination, Admit Card/ Pass Certificate/ Marksheet issued by Central/ State Board indicating Date of Birth in support of their claim of age
- Certificates of HSLC to Graduation document/ Diploma certificate (For AE/ JE respectively)
- Caste certificate (if Applicable)
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC)
- Employment Exchange Number
- PwBD certificate (wherever Necessary)
- No Objection Certificate (For Govt. Employee)
- Declaration Form (Provided Below)
How to apply?
To apply for JE and AE posts under PHED Recruitment 2023, they must follow the given steps:
- The candidate must click on the ‘Online Application Portal’ option as directed below in the Important Link section
- At the first onset, they must register in the Online Recruitment Portal using their name, email, phone number, and other information as required
- Next, log in using the username and password communicated to the registered phone number and email
- Enter the personal details and information about educational qualifications
- Upload the necessary images/ documents and pay the fee using any one of the available options
- After completing these steps, preview all the information entered and submit the form
- Lastly, download the application form and the payment receipt for future reference
|SC/ ST/ MOBC/ OBC||₹ 197.20/-|
- The selection procedure of PHED Recruitment 2023 (for both AE and JE) will be notified later on followed by issuing a corrigendum/ addendum, as required.
- The Commission will decide the provision for selection in respect of any post/ posts or service/ services considering the status, cadre, and grade or the number of applications received for the advertised post/ posts or service/ services.
- The Commission will also decide to conduct a zone-wise examination/ test etc. depending upon the number of candidates against the districts shown below:
|Silchar||Hailakandi, Karimaganj and Cachar|
|Jorhat||Jorhat, Golaghat, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Majuli, Charaideo, Sivasagar &Tinsukia|
|Nagaon||Dima Hasao, Hojai, Nagaon, Morigaon, Karbi Anglong & West Karbi Anglong|
|Tezpur||Tezpur, Biswanath, Dhemaji, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur & Udalguri|
|Kokrajhar||Bongaigaon, Chirang, Dhubri, Goalpara, Kokrajhar & South Salmara|
|Guwahati||Barpeta, Baksa, Kamrup, Kamrup (Metro), Nalbari, Darrang, Bajali & Tamulpur|
|Events||For AE||For JE|
|Opening of the application portal||03-11-2023||06-11-2023|
|Last date to apply||02-12-2023||05-12-2023|
|Last date for payment||04-12-2023||07-12-2023|
|Online Application Portal|
|Notification of PHED Recruitment 2023 (Assistant Engineer)|
|Notification of PHED Recruitment 2023 (Junior Engineer)|
For more educational news, click here.