Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023: An official notice has been issued by the Home and Political Department dated 30th of October 2023, regarding a recruitment drive organized for various vacant posts. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the recruitment drive to 26 posts of Public Prosecutor, 3 posts of Special Public Prosecutor, 88 posts of Additional Public Prosecutor and 185 posts of posts Assistant Public Prosecutor.
Table of Contents
|Category||Public Prosecutor||Special Public Prosecutor||Additional Public Prosecutor||Assistant Public Prosecutor|
The salary details for each posts under the Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023 are as follows:
|Public Prosecutor||Pay Band – 65000 – 112000 + Grade Pay 18500 + 30% Special Allowance of Basic Pay and other allowances as admissible.|
|Special Public Prosecutor||Pay Band- 30,000 – 1,10,000 + Grade Pay – 17500 + 30% Special Allowance of Basic Pay and other allowance as admissible.|
|Additional Public Prosecutor||Pay Band- 30,000 – 1,10,000 + Grade Pay – 17500 + 30% Special Allowance of Basic Pay and other allowance as admissible.|
|Assistant Public Prosecutor||Pay Band- 30,000 – 1,10,000 + Grade Pay – 16900 + 30% Special Allowance of Basic Pay and other allowance as admissible.|
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Must be a graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University of India (established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or Provincial Act) or an Institution recognized by the Government of Assam or the University Grants Commission.
- For the post of Public Prosecutor, candidates must have practised as a regular Advocate for not less than 8 (eight) years including practice before the High Court basically on the criminal side.
- For the posts of Special Public Prosecutor, Additional Public Prosecutor and Assistant Public Prosecutor, candidates must have practised as a regular Advocate for not less than 7 (seven) years including practice before the High Court basically on the criminal side.
- The candidates should not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age as of 01/01/2023.
- The maximum age in respect of Ex-Servicemen shall be 50 (fifty) years for the Un-reserved category.
- Marital Status: No person who has more than one wife, living or in the case of a woman, is married to a person already having a wife living shall be eligible for appointment of any post to the service.
- No person having more than two living children on or after 01.01.2021 from single or multiple partners shall be eligible for appointment in any service and post under the State Government.
|For SC/ ST candidates||5 years, i.e. upto 43 years|
|For OBC/ MOBC candidates||3 years, i.e. up to 41 years|
|Persons with benchmark disability (PwBD)||10 years|
- Matriculation/ 10th Standard/ HSLC Admit Card/ Pass Certificate
- Pass Certificates and Mark sheets of all examinations from Matriculation/ 10th Standard/ HSLC onwards up to the level of qualifying examination
- Document showing Date of Enrolment, with a self-declaration that after enrolment he/ she has not left practice as an Advocate and has not joined any other service/ profession/ business. In case contrary facts to such claim, come to the fore subsequently, his/ her candidature shall be rejected and may even lead to termination from service if detected after joining service
- 2 (two) Passport size photographs
How to Apply for Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023?
- The applicants who intend to apply for the Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023 need to submit their respective typed applications in the format uploaded on the Home and Political Department’s website along with all necessary documents.
- The application and documents need to reach to the Secretary to the Government of Assam, Home and Political Department, Room No. – 226, Block-C, 2nd Floor, Janata Bhawan, Dispur, Guwahati-6, by Speed Post/ Registered Post/ by Hand between 11:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. on all working days.
- Candidates should mention “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF Public Prosecutor/ Special Public Prosecutor/ Additional Public Prosecutor/ Assistant Public Prosecutor” on the envelope.
- Applications complete in all aspects should reach the office of the Secretary to the Government of Assam Home and Political Department on or before 30/11/2023.
|For General candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|For SC/ST/OBC/MOBC candidates||Rs. 200/-|
|For BPL candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|Starting of submission of application||30th of October, 2023|
|Closing of submission of application||30th of November, 2023|
- The date, time and venue of the written test/ interview of Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023 will be announced and intimated in due course of time.
- In the Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023 drive, no candidate shall be appointed to any post in the service unless he is in good health mentally and physically and he shall be free from any physical defect due to which there is a possibility of hindrance to performing his duty efficiently.
- A separate application must be submitted for each post of the Home and Political Department Recruitment 2023.
- Applications received after that date shall not be opened and shall not be considered for recruitment.
For more news and updates, click here.