Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship: An employment notification has been issued by the Assam State Biodiversity Board, seeking to hire 23 Biodiversity Research Associate Program (BRAP) Fellows to assist in updating 23 Zilla Parishad People’s Biodiversity Registers (PBR), in accordance with the ‘PBR Quality Evaluation Framework’ guidelines issued by the National Biodiversity Authority.
The selected fellows will be engaged for a period of 3 months, serving in various districts throughout Assam. The selection process is completely offline. Those who are interested and meet the eligibility requirements can read this article for complete information on the Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship.
Table of Contents
- Name of Position: Biodiversity Research Associate Program Fellow/ BRAP Fellow
- Number of Positions: 23
- Duration: 3 Months
- Stipend: Fixed stipend of Rs 20,000/- per month (inclusive of travel expenses for field surveys)
Eligibility for Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship
Education: Master’s degree in Botany, Zoology, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Forestry, Environmental Science, Conservation Science, or related subjects.
Skill and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in working with communities in Assam in related fields.
- Knowledge of plant taxonomy, identification of flora and fauna, and associated ecosystems.
- Identification and documentation of Traditional Knowledge practices prevalent in Assam.
- Experience in carrying out PRA exercises, site visits for surveys, and data collection.
- Good communication skills; proficient in English and Assamese (oral and written)
- Good working experience in MS Excel, MS Word, and other MS Office applications
Scope of Work
To achieve the objectives outlined in the assignment, the selected candidates of the Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship must update the current Zilla Parishad PBRs in accordance with the guidelines specified in the PBR Quality Evaluation Framework of the National Biodiversity Authority, and connect them to the digital PBR database. The following is an indicating list of tasks to be completed by BARP to achieve the objectives under assignment.
- Data Collection (Secondary research and primary data collection).
- Organise meetings with technical support groups (TSG), BMC, and local communities.
- Update the existing PBRs and create digitized versions.
- Details of these tasks are provided in the official notification. Scroll down for the official notification.
Place of Work
Candidates can choose any one of the districts from the list given below. Candidates can choose only 1 District and only 1 vacancy of Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship 2023 is available in each district.
- South Salmara Mankachar
How to apply for Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship
The application process is completely offline and candidates will have to send a hard copy of their application form to the address below. The application should reach the given address before 04 PM on 6th May. The format for the application form is available in the official notification.
|The Member Secretary,
Assam State Biodiversity Board,
2nd Floor, Aranya Bhawan,
Panjabari, Guwahati- 781037
|Official Notification of Assam State Biodiversity Board Fellowship 2023
|Release of Notification
|12th April 2023
|Last date for the application to be submitted
|6th May 2023 (04:00 pm)
For more such news, Click Here.