Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023: In a fresh notification released by Assam University, it has released information regarding the B.Ed entrance examination for the year 2023. The notification informs that the online portal for submission of the application form by the eligible candidates for the B.Ed entrance examination will be available from 12th June 2023 onwards.
Candidates willing to pursue a B.Ed course for the 2023-25 session in the Teacher’s Training colleges/ institutes affiliated with Assam University can now fill up and submit their application form on or before 28th June 2023. As per the notification of Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023, the entrance test will be tentatively held on 13th August 2023, and more information on the same will be intimated by the university in the coming time.
Table of Contents
The eligibility criteria for aspiring students who want to apply for Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023 is as follows:
- A candidate with at least 50% marks in either Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanities, Bachelor in Engineering Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for the Programme.
- On the other hand, candidates who have appeared or are appearing in their final examinations for Bachelor/ Master’s Degree this year can also apply. However, they must complete their degree with at least 50% marks before declaring the Entrance Examination result.
Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023: List of Colleges
There are various colleges under Assam University that provide admissions. During the application process, any applicant can apply to a maximum of five (5) Colleges/ Departments by giving his/her preferences. However, once admitted to a College, only one chance will be given to the student to leave the College/ Department and to take admission to his/her preferred college, in case she/he gets selected in the merit/ selection list later.
The list of colleges is given below:
|Teachers Training College, Cachar||DIET, Hailakandi|
|DIET, Dima Hasao||DIET, Karimganj|
|Diphu B.Ed College, Diphu||S. K. Roy Memorial Institute of Education, Hailakandi|
|Patherkandi College of Education, Karimganj||G. C. Paul College of Education, Karimganj|
|Silchar College of Education, Cachar||DIET, Karbi Anglong|
|Dr. Shashi Bhushan Institute of Education, Hailakandi||Dr. Shyama Prashad Mukherjee College of Education, Cachar|
|Vivekananda College of Education, Karimganj|
The applicant must have the following documents to complete the online application for Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023:
- Passport-size photograph of the applicant with a max size of 50 Kb
- Scanned signature of the applicant with max size 30 Kb
- Scanned copy of both sides of all original testimonials with max size 100 Kb each
- Mark sheets
- Caste Certificate
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- NOC from Employer (if employed)
Candidates are advised to scan the Original Testimonials for uploading. Scanned copies of xeroxed/ photocopied documents should not be uploaded.
How to Apply for Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023?
For the completion of the online application, the applicant needs to follow the given steps:
- The applicant must visit the Official Website of the University
- After visiting the official website, the applicant should click on the ‘Admission’ link given in the top menu bar
- Once you are redirected to the application portal, click on “Applicant Login” and then click on the blue button indicating “New Applicant, Create a New Account”.
- Read all the instructions given and then sign up by entering your basic details
- After signing up, the student will receive their application number in their respective E-Mail and Mobile number
- Now, the applicant can log in to the portal and complete the online application form
- Then candidates will need to upload the necessary documents as asked in the portal and pay the application fees
- Lastly, submit the application form of Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023 and download it for future reference
Syllabus for Entrance Test
Here is the complete Syllabus for Assam University B.Ed Entrance, based on which the examination will be conducted:
|Nature of teaching and its characteristics; understanding learners’ needs; general understanding of teaching, learning, and evaluation; methods of teaching, teaching approaches and strategies; classroom interaction strategies, etc.|
|Current Trends and Issues in Education|
|General idea about Indian education and its development, Educational policies, General understanding of history and development of Teacher Education in India, etc.|
|Reading comprehension, tense, errors, jumbled words, and sentences, fill in the blanks, synonyms/antonyms, one-word creation (summarize sentence into one word), etc.|
|History, Geography, Politics, Sports, General science, current affairs, state culture and arts, Indian Constitution, etc.|
Weightage of the Syllabus
- Assam University has mentioned on its syllabus that the test paper will have 60% weightage from Teaching Aptitude and Current Trends and Issues in Education.
- Whereas the remaining 40% of the entrance paper will have questions from General Awareness and General English.
- Therefore candidates need to prepare for the entrance examination of Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023 by following the syllabus and the corresponding weightage given above.
The institution has released important dates regarding Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023:
|Opening of Online Application||12th June 2023|
|Closing of Online Application||28th June 2023|
|Verification by University||Till 5th July 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||7th August 2023|
|Entrance Exam||13th August 2023 (Tentative)|
Some of the important links are given below:
|Link to apply||Click here|
|General Guidelines||Click here|
|Official Notice (Assam University B.Ed Admission 2023)||Click here|
For more educational news, click here