ASTU to conduct CEE 2022 exam; know all the necessary details here
ASTU to conduct the CEE 2022 exam on July 3, 2022. Candidates can apply for the exam on the official website itself.
The Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) will conduct CEE 2022 exam. It issued a fresh notice inviting admission to the 1st Semester B. Tech programme in the engineering colleges of Assam for the session 2022-23. Under the authorization of the government of Assam, Combined Entrance Examination (CEE) is conducted by the Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) for the admissions into the engineering colleges of Assam.
Also read: UPSC CSE admit cards released for Preliminary Examination 2022, download now
CEE 2022 Exam: Important dates
|Opening of online application||May 10, 2022|
|Last date for submitting the online application||May 31, 2022|
|Admit Cards issue||15 days before the examination date |
( Around 18 – 22 June )
|Examination date||July 3, 2022 (11 AM – 2 PM)|
|Results||10 days after the examination is scheduled|
( Around 12 – 15 July 2022 )
CEE Eligibility Criteria
The information brochure released many details regarding the examination criteria for CEE 2022 exam. Many of the eligibility criteria have been laid down below:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized board. Appearing candidates in the 10+2 2022 are also eligible.
- Candidates must score 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category students).
- The candidate’s age must be 17 to 21 years as of August 1, 2022.
- It is mandatory to have chemistry, mathematics, physics, and English as their subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have a domicile certificate or the Permanent Resident Address (PRC).
- The candidate must bear a good moral character.
- The candidate should be mentally fit.
How to fill out the CEE 2022 application form?
- All the candidates shall first visit the official website,i.e. astu.ac.in
- Click the link reading ‘CEE 2022 Online Form Fill-up’.
- Register with correct details.
- Click on next, fill-up the form correctly, and submit.
- Take a printout of the form for future reference.
CEE 2022 exam: Centres
There are 9 examination centres for CEE 2022 exam has been allocated over the state. These are Silchar, Bongaigaon, Nalbari Lakhimpur, Guwahati, Tezpur, Nagaon, Jorhat, and Dibrugarh.
The CEE will be conducted by the ASTU, under the authorization of the government of Assam. The examination will be held in offline mode only. The question paper will consist of 120 Multiple choice based questions. The time duration is 3 hours and the medium of the examination will be both English and Assamese. For every correctly answered question, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer. The weightage for Physics is 40, for Chemistry 40, and for Mathematics 40.
ASTU: The conducting body
The Assam Science and Technology University was established by the Government of Assam under Assam Science & Technology University Act 2009. It aims to provide education and research in the field of science & technology and other professional courses in Assam. ASTU is the premier and only technical university in the North Eastern Region of India. The university is responsible for academic regulation of all undergraduate (CEE 2022 exam) and post-graduate programs in engineering, and pharmaceutical sciences and a few professional courses in science and management sectors.
For more educational news, click here.