The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released a public notice on the 11th of March to announce the examination date and schedule for the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2022) exam date. Earlier on the 16th of February, NTA had released another notification and announced that the registration process for CMAT 2022 has started and it will be available up to the 17th of March, 2022.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2022
- The applicants must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline can apply for CMAT 2022 while for graduates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is only 45%.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses whose result will be declared before the commencement of admission for academic year 2022-23 can also apply for CMAT online examination.
- The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must possess a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling or equivalent.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor’s degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the institute by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Such a candidate must produce a certificate at the time of seeking admission to MBA/PGDM prgoramme, from the principal/head of the department/ registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/ marks.
- Such a candidate, if selected, will be eligible for the admission only if he/she submits a certificate by the stipulated date advised by the institute, from the principal/head of the department/ registrar/ director of the institution/university stating that they have completed all the requirements (the result may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by the MBA/ PGDM institute and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor’s degree examination by the date prescribed by the college/ institute.
CMAT 2022: How to register?
- Step 1 – The candidate has to visit the CMAT official website
- Step 2 – Then click on the tab ‘Apply for CMAT 2022’
- Step 3 – After that a new page will open where the candidate will have to fill all the required details under the new candidate registration tab
- Step 4 – After registration a login id and password will be generated
- Step 5 – Now the candidate has to re-login and enter all the personal, academic and contact details in the CMAT 2022 application form and preview it
- Step 6 – After that he/she has to upload all the required documents and pay the application fees
- Step 7 – Lastly they have to take a printout of the CMAT 2022 registration form for future reference.
|Opening of Application Portal||16 February 2022|
|Last Date for submission of Application Form||17 March 2022|
|Last date for paying Application fees||18 March 2022|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form||19 – 21 March 2022|
|Release of Admit Cards||Not announced yet|
|Date of Examination||09 April 2022|
|Display of Responses and Provisional Answer Keys||Not announced yet|
|Declaration of Result||Not announced yet|
The CMAT 2022 will have 500 marks in total and the paper will consist of 125 questions. The total duration of the examination is 3 hours and 30 minutes (210 minutes). And for every correct answer, 4 marks are awarded to the candidate while for every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted. The syllabus for the CMAT 2022 remains the same as of the previous sessions. The major subjects in the syllabus include:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation||25||100|
|Innovative & Entrepreneurship [NEW]||25||100|
The candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for the latest updates. For any queries or /clarifications, candidates can call NTA Help Desk at 011 40759000, 011 69227700, or write to NTA at [email protected]. Candidates who are desirous to take admission in the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab can also apply for CMAT-2022. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab will utilize the CMAT-2022 scores as one of the admission criteria for admission in MBA-Law.
For more Education news and updates, click here.