Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023: Coal India Limited (CIL) has released a new notification related to fulfilling vacancies for Management Trainees (MTs). The notification was released on the 13th of September 2023 and the deadline for the application form fill-up will be on the 12th of October 2023. All the interested candidates, who aspire to join and fill the vacancies, can follow the information below.
Eligible candidates under Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023, are required to register online for the recruitment process, which will be solely based on the marks obtained in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examinations. Various IITs or institution such as IISc conducts the GATE examinations every year. The upcoming GATE-2024 examination will be conducted by IISc Bangalore.
Table of Contents
Vacancies for Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023
There are 560 vacant posts out for Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023, of which 438 are fresh vacancies and the remaining 122 are backlog vacancies from previous recruitment drives.
- Selected candidates will be placed as Management Trainees in E-2 Grade in the pay scale of Rs 50,000 – 1,60,000/- at the initial Basic of Rs 50,000/- per month during the training period.
- On successful and satisfactory completion of a 1-year training period and passing the test conducted for the purpose, regularization will be in E-3 Grade in the scale of pay of Rs 60,000 – 1,80,000/- at the initial Basic of Rs 60,000/- with probation for 1 year, if not extended.
- Based on the experience, the salary of the MTs will increase yearly.
|Civil||The candidates must have a degree in Mining Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks|
|Mining||The candidates must have completed or be pursuing his or her last year in M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology/ Geophysics or Applied Geophysics with minimum 60% marks|
|Geology||The candidates must have completed or be pursuing his or her last year in M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology/ Geophysics or Applied Geophysics with minimum 60% marks|
The candidates applying for Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023 must keep a few things in mind:
- The Degree in Mining/ Degree in Civil/ M.Sc. or M.Tech. in Geology or Applied Geology/ Geophysics or Applied Geophysics must be from a University/ Institute recognized by appropriate statutory authority in India and should be of regular full-time course.
- If they are currently studying in the final semester/ year/ tri semester of session 2022-23 of the minimum required qualification and appeared in the GATE 2023 examination and if his/ her name is reflected and qualified in the list shared by the Organizing Institute, then they are eligible to apply.
- However, such candidates have to submit their final pass results of the minimum required qualification before final selection/ during document verification failing which their candidature will be rejected for the applied post/ discipline without any further communication to them.
- Further, they must clear all subjects of the final year/ semester/ trimester, whichever is applicable, in the academic year 2022-2023 in a single attempt and should have cleared all previous years/ semesters/ trimesters as of the date of declaration of final results and must produce their mark sheets
- The minimum qualifying marks for GENERAL (UR), OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) & Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category candidates are 60%. For SC, ST and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) candidates, a relaxation of 5% is given in the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 55%. In the case of CGPA/GPA, conversion in percentage certificate issued by the University/ Institute should be attached without fail
Note: The candidates completing or pursuing Civil Engineering with Architecture or Structural Engineering or any other combinations with Civil Engineering are not eligible.
Age Limit Criteria
The Upper Age Limit is 30 Years as of 31st Aug 2023 for General (UR) & EWS category candidates.
Category-wise relaxation in the Upper Age Limit is mentioned below:
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 Years
- SC/ ST – 5 Years
- For Persons with Disabilities
- General (UR) -10 Years
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) – 13 Years
- SC/ ST – 15 Years
- Candidates who are the domicile of J&K during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 as per Govt. of India guidelines – 05 Years
- Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen (ESM) category candidates is as per extant Govt. of India guidelines
How to apply for Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023?
- Visit the application portal using the link provided below
- Now, click on the link given corresponding to “To Register”
- Register yourself by entering basic details
- Then log in using the registration details
- Enter all your personal and educational qualifications
- Upload the necessary images/ documents and pay the fee using any one of the available options
- After completing these steps, download the application form for Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form and the payment receipt for future reference
The application fee for various categories under Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023 is given below:
|General/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 1180|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Employees of Coal India Limited and its Subsidiaries||Nil|
The selection of the students will be based on the scores obtained in GATE-2023. Candidates will be shortlisted discipline-wise and category-wise, in the ratio of 1:3 in order of merit for further selection process. In case of a tie in the GATE Score, the following norms will be adhered to for finalizing the merit panel:
- The applicant scoring a higher percentage mark/ CGPA in minimum eligible qualification will be placed higher in the merit list
- If there is still a tie after considering the applicant who is senior in age will be placed higher
Scores of GATE of 2023 will only be valid and the scores prior to or after GATE-2023 are not valid for this recruitment activity and hence will not be considered.
|Opening of the Application Portal||13th September, 2023|
|Last Date to apply||12th October, 2023|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Advertisement of Coal India Limited Recruitment 2023||Click here|
|Link to apply||Click here|
For more educational news, click here.