If you are a student, who has applied for admission into postgraduate courses at Cotton University this year and is currently looking for the previous year’s question papers for Cotton University PG Entrance Exam (CPGEE), then you are in the right place.
The examination schedule for Cotton University Post Graduate Entrance Examination (CPGEE) 2023 has been recently declared by the authorities on the official website. The entrance test will begin on the 4th of July 2023. Earlier this month, Cotton University opened the application portal for PG Admissions on the 5th of June 2023, and the admission portal was open till the 18th of June, 2023.
Table of Contents
(a) For Cotton Graduates
The candidates, who have graduated from Cotton University itself in the years 2022 and 2023 can get their admissions via the following methods:
- CGPA-Based Admission: In all the subjects, which require candidates to have honours in the concerned subject, the Cotton graduate can be admitted on the basis of their CGPA in bachelor’s degree. Such candidates should have a minimum of 5.5 CGPA for admissions (5.3 for OBC/ MOBC and 5.0 for SC/ ST candidates)
- Entrance-Based Admission: In those subjects for which the eligibility criteria of Honours/ Major in the qualifying UG Degree does not specify the concerned subject only, admissions will be on the basis of CPGEE 2023 scores. Here is the list of such courses:
- MA in Ancient Indian History, Culture, and Archaeology
- Master of Computer Applications
- M.Sc in Environmental Biology & Wildlife Sciences
- The standard reservation policy set by the government of Assam for OBC/ MOBC/ ST(P)/ ST(H)/ SC/ EWS/ PWD candidates will be followed while admitting Cotton graduates.
(b) For Open Category Seats
- On the other hand, for the remaining 50% of seats in such courses and 100% of seats in programmes like Master in Library Science, LLM, PG Diploma in Gender Studies, and MA in Bodo; the admission will be based on the candidate’s performance in the Cotton University Postgraduate Entrance Test, also known as CPGEE.
- The standard reservation policy set by the government of Assam for OBC/ MOBC/ ST(P)/ ST(H)/ SC/ EWS/ PWD candidates will also be applicable for admissions in open category seats.
CPGEE: Exam Pattern
- The Cotton University PG Entrance Examination (CPGEE) is conducted in offline mode via an OMR-based paper
- Candidates are asked to solve 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in 90 minutes of time.
- The candidates will receive 4 marks for each of their correct answers and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The question papers of the Cotton University PG Entrance Exam will be based on Cotton University’s syllabus for the corresponding undergraduate course.
- And for programmes, which are not available in the UG curriculum of the university; question papers will be based on the standard syllabuses of reputed universities under UGC.
Once the entrance test is completed, Cotton University will release the subject-wise merit lists for both CGPA and CPGEE-based admissions. And selected students can get their admissions based on these lists on the expected dates for PG Cotton University 2023 admissions in the corresponding programmes.
CPGEE Question Papers 2021 & 2022
All the candidates who are going to appear in the Cotton University PG Entrance Examination (CPGEE) 2023 can now download the last two year’s question papers from the links given below.
Master of Arts (MA)
Here are the previous year’s question papers of the Cotton University PG Entrance Exam (CPGEE) for different departments (subjects) in the Arts stream:
|1||Ancient Indian History, Culture, and Archaeology|
|2||Anthropology||Click here||Click here|
|7||Economics||Click here||Click here|
|9||English||Click here||Click here|
|12||Mass Communication and Journalism||Click here|
|14||Philosophy||Click here||Click here|
|15||Political Science||Click here|
Master of Science (M.Sc)
Here are the previous year’s question papers of the Cotton University PG Entrance Exam (CPGEE) for different departments (subjects) in the Science stream:
|1||Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning|
|2||Botany||Click here||Click here|
|4||Environmental Biology and Wildlife Sciences||Click here|
|7||Mathematics||Click here||Click here|
|8||Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||Click here|
|9||Physics||Click here||Click here|
|11||Zoology||Click here||Click here|
For Other Courses
Here are the previous year’s question papers for the Cotton University PG Entrance Exam (CPGEE) for some other courses:
|1||Master in Computer Applications (MCA)||Click here|
|2||Master of Library & Information Science||Click here|
|3||Master of Law (LLM)|
- We would like to thank all the people, who have helped us in collecting all the previous year’s question papers for Cotton University PG Entrance Exam. On a special note, thanks to Amar Krishna Narayan as he has helped us a lot!
- Please send us the previous papers so that we together can help more people in the coming days. You can mail us at [email protected]
For more educational news, click here.