The Joint Admission test for Masters (JAM) is a national-level competitive examination, which is conducted by IITs and IISc Bengaluru to select eligible candidates for admission into M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech), MS (Research), M.Sc. – M.Tech. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc.-PhD, and M.Sc.-PhD Dual Degree, across multiple disciplines by premier institutes across the country.
It is always seen that solving IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers helps candidates to get a clear-cut idea of the examination pattern, time requirements and many more. So that before sitting in the examination, a student can prepare a question map, deciding the time available for each question or for each section of the paper.
Table of Contents
- There will be 60 questions in a paper, carrying 100 marks in total.
- Each paper is divided into three sections, namely A, B, and C.
- Section A will have 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) which carry 50 marks.
- This includes 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each.
- Each MCQ will have 4 options and only one out of them will be correct.
- For 1-mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- For 2-mark questions, a 2/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Section B will have 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) carrying two marks each.
- Each MSQ question is the same as that of MCQ-type questions, however, there will be more than 1 correct option in this section.
- Students need to select all the possible answers and they will be awarded 2 marks if they select them correctly.
- There is no partial marking, which means if they miss even one correct option or select even one wrong option, they will not get any marks for the same.
- There will be no negative marking in this section.
- Section C will have 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, carrying 30 marks.
- This will include 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each.
- For these NAT-type questions, the answers will be a real number, and candidates will need to enter them using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor.
- There is no negative marking in Section C as well.
Syllabus of IIT JAM
|Mathematical Statistics||MS||Download now|
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Chemistry (CY)
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Geology (GG)
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Biotechnology (BT)
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Mathematics (MA)
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Mathematical Statistics (MS)
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Economics (EN)
|IIT JAM Economics (EN) Question Paper-2021|
|IIT JAM Economics (EN) Question Paper-2022|
|IIT JAM Economics (EN) Question Paper-2023|
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers: Physics (PH)
For the latest Education News, click here.