Cotton University UG Admissions 2022: Courses available, Eligibility, Cutoff, apply now
The procedures for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022 started on 26th July, interested candidates can now read this article to get complete info.
Cotton University has released a notification today and opened the admission portal for undergraduate courses. The application portal for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022 is open from today, the 26th of July, and interested candidates will have time upto the 1st day of August to apply for the same.
All the students, who wish to apply for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022 can find the complete details, starting from the Eligibility Criteria, Courses available, Cutoff marks, and Steps to apply to the selection procedures in this detailed article.
Also read: Cotton University PG Entrance Exam: Download Previous Year’s Question Papers now
Who can apply?
- The candidate should have passed Class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognised Board or Council with a minimum of 60% marks.
- However, the above criteria are slightly relaxed for OBC/ SC/ ST candidates and they will need a minimum of 55% marks to apply for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022.
- Any candidates having more than 3 (three) years of study gap from the qualifying exam will not be eligible for admissions.
- Along with the above eligibility conditions, there are subject-specific criteria as well, which are mentioned below.
Cotton University will admit around 1000 students to its undergraduate programmes in the new academic session 2022-23. Here is the detailed list of courses available for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022 along with the number of seats in each subject:
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||481|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)||485|
|BA (Liberal Arts)||50|
Detailed Seat Matrix for BA (Honours)
|Sl. No.||Subject||No. of Seats||Special Eligibility|
|2||Arabic||10||50% or more marks in Arabic in Class 12th|
|3||Assamese||50||50% or more marks in Assamese in Class 12th|
|4||Bodo||16||50% or more marks in Bodo in Class 12th|
|5||Economics||60||60% or more marks in Economics or Mathematics in Class 12th|
|7||English||60||60% or more marks in English in Class 12th|
|8||Hindi||20||50% or more marks in Hindi in Class 12th|
|10||Mass Comm. &|
|11||Persian||10||50% or more marks in Persian in Class 12th|
|15||Sanskrit||15||50% or more marks in Sanskrit in Class 12th|
Detailed Seat Matrix for B.Sc (Honours)
|Sl. No.||Subject||No. of Seats||Special Eligibility|
|1||Biotechnology||45||Pass marks in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or|
Mathematics in Class 12th
|2||Botany||50||50% or more marks in Biology in Class 12th|
|3||Chemistry||65||50% or more marks in Chemistry & passed in Maths in Class 12th|
|4||Computer Science||20||40% or more marks in Maths in Class 12th|
|5||Geography||30||50% or more marks in Geography or Maths in Class 12th|
|6||Geology||40||40% or more marks in Maths in Class 12th|
|7||Mathematics||80||50% or more marks in Maths in Class 12th|
|8||Physics||65||50% or more marks in Physics and a minimum of 40% in Maths in Class 12th|
|9||Statistics||30||40% or more marks in Statistics/ Maths in Class 12th|
|10||Zoology||60||50% or more marks in Biology in Class 12th|
Here is the list of documents/ images that candidates should keep ready before applying for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022:
- A passport-sized photograph
- Pass Certificate and Marksheet of class 12th or equivalent examination
- Birth Certificate or any other document issued by an authorized official where the candidate’s Date of Birth is mentioned
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Annual Income Certificate (if the candidate is seeking reservations under the EWS category)
- Gap Certificate (If the candidate has dropped out of studies in previous years)
- Certificate of Extra Curricular Activities (It is required for candidates, who are looking for a seat under reservation in the field of Sports, Cultural performance, NCC, NSS, Scouts & Guides, etc.)
Cotton University UG Admissions 2022: Steps to apply
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of Cotton University
- Click on the highlighted link saying ‘Admissions 2022’
- Once you are redirected to the admission portal, click on the ‘Register’ button given under the headline ‘Online Admission Form Fill-up for UG Courses’
- Now, enter your Email ID and Mobile number, choose undergraduate in the option given to select courses and then request an OTP and submit it
- After registering successfully, candidates have to login into the admission portal and fill up the application form part by part, as instructed in the admission portal
- Next, candidates have to upload their photo, signature, and all the necessary documents
- Lastly, the applicants should pay the application & entrance fees and submit the form
- Also, candidates need to download the Application Form of Cotton University UG Admissions 2022, as it may be required for future references
During the registration process for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022, candidates will be asked to pay Rs. 300 as an application fee. Candidates can pay the fees by choosing any of the payment methods available in the admission portal. The available payment methods are Debit Cards, Credit Cards, UPI, etc.
During the procedures of Cotton University UG Admissions 2022, the Reservation policy framed by the Government of Assam will be followed thoroughly. And here are the percentages of seats reserved for candidates belonging to different categories:
- OBC/ MOBC: 15%
- SC: 7%
- ST (Plains): 10%
- ST (Hills): 5%
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS): 10%
- Persons with Disabilities: 5%
- Along with these reservations, there are also a few reserved seats in the following fields:
- Sports: 5 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- Cultural performance: 5 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- NCC: 5 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- NSS: 2 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- Scouts & Guides: 2 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- Other Indian State Domicile: 10 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- Foreign Nationals: 10 seats each in BA and B.Sc
- Children of Martyred Personnel of Indian Armed Forces, CAPF, and Assam Police: 2 seats each in BA and B.Sc course
Merit List for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022
Once the application procedure for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022 is completed, Cotton University will prepare 07 merit lists for admission into the following undergraduate programmes on the basis of the criteria mentioned:
- BA (Honours): Top three scores of a student among all the subjects in Class 12th or equivalent examination will be considered.
- B.Sc Honours: Top three scores of a student among the SCIENCE subjects in Class 12th will be considered.
- BA Liberal Arts: Top three scores of a student among all the subjects in Class 12th or equivalent examination will be considered.
- BCA (Self-financing course): Top three scores of a student among all the subjects in Class 12th or equivalent examination will be considered.
- B.Sc Honours in Biotechnology (Self-financing course): Top three scores of a student among all the subjects in Class 12th or equivalent examination will be considered.
- BA Honours in Mass Comm. and Journalism (Self-financing course): Top three scores of a student among all the subjects in Class 12th or equivalent examination will be considered.
- B.Sc Honours Geography: Although Geography Core is under the B.Sc (Hons) programme, the merit list condition for Geography will be different from other science subjects because students passing HS/12th in Arts or Commerce also can apply. Here, the top three scores of a student among all the subjects in Class 12th or equivalent examination will be considered.
As in the last 2 years, the Class 12th examinations were not conducted in a proper manner due to the Covid outbreak; and Boards had opted for different marking systems. Hence in this section, we have listed the subject-wise cutoff for admissions in the year 2019, as it would more likely resemble the cutoff marks of Cotton University UG Admissions 2022.
All the candidates should note the following dates for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022:
|Starting of the online application process||26th July 2022|
|Last date to submit application forms||1st August 2022|
|Release of Merit lists (Tentative)||4th August 2022|
|Date of Admissions (Tentative)||6th August 2022|
|Commencement of Classes||Not announced yet|
Just like other institutes of Assam, Cotton University will also follow the order issued by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Assam, and will offer the scheme of Waiver of Admission Fee/ Tuition Fees, etc. For availing of this benefit, candidates have to upload valid income certificates at the time of filling up the application forms for Cotton University UG Admissions 2022. However, the fee waiver scheme is not applicable for self-financing courses.
Points to note
- Candidates are allowed to apply for multiple courses, by using the same username and password.
- Both single, as well as multiple applications will be covered under the one-time fee of Rs 300.
- For the allotment of seats in the Hostels, Cotton University will release a separate notification at a later date after the admission procedures are over.
- We highly recommend all the candidates that they should keep a close watch on the official website for all the relevant updates regarding Cotton University UG Admissions 2022.
For more Admission news, click here.