The Department of Higher Education is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students. Also known as CSSS scholarship, this scheme is brought to the candidates in 2008 under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Interested candidates can visit the National Scholarship Portal to fill up the online application forms till the 15th of April 2022.
The online application portal for the CSSS Scholarship programme is open from the 1st of April 2022. It is a central government scheme for the upliftment of higher education among students studying undergraduate and postgraduate level courses in various colleges and universities.
Table of Contents
Eligibility of CSSS Scholarship
Eligibility criteria to fit in for applying for the CSSS Scholarship programme are listed here. Candidates are advised to go through each point before applying the online forms.
- Candidates have to hold 80% in their class 12th board examinations in their respective streams from a recognized state or central board of education.
- Candidates must be pursuing a regular course in a college, institute, or university.
- The candidate must not be receiving any other scholarship.
- The candidate’s family income should be less than Rs. 6 lakh per annum.
CSSS Scholarship 2022: How to Apply?
The online application form for the CSSS scholarship programme is open till the 15th of April 2022. Hence, the students who are interested in filling out the forms can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the website of the National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the ‘New registration’ link given at the top of the website
- Read all the given instructions, and click to continue
- Fill up your basic details and get yourselves registered
- Login to the NSP portal using the application number generated while registering and the OTP, that will be sent to your mobile number
- Now, fill up the remaining details, choose the scheme you are applying for, upload the necessary documents, and then submit your application form
- Once done, you will need to get a printout of the application form and submit it to the office of your college/ institution along with a copy of the documents uploaded on the NSP portal
- That’s it, wait for approval from your college; then from the concerned Ministry
Documents required while applying
The important documents and details which are to be kept handy by a candidate before applying for the CSSS Scholarship 2022 are mentioned below:
- Candidate’s Bank passbook for filling the bank details
- Candidate’s Aadhaar Card
- Candidate’s parent’s Income certificate
- Candidate’s valid phone number
- Candidate’s valid email ID
- Candidate’s caste certificate
- Candidate’s disability certificate if necessary
- Candidate’s marksheet and academic records of previous classes
Financial Incentives in CSSS Scholarship
The financial Incentives to be provided under the CSSS Scholarship scheme to the eligible candidates is of amount Rs. 10000 on yearly basis for students pursuing their undergraduate courses and an amount of Rs. 20000 per annum for students pursuing postgraduate courses. For students pursuing professional courses, the financial incentive is Rs. 20000 per annum which will be provided to them in their 4th year and 5th year.
Renewal of CSSS Scholarship
Candidates have to renew their CSSS scholarship programme yearly that is, year after year. And the period of scholarship is a maximum of five years. Candidates pursuing undergraduate courses will avail the scholarship scheme incentives till their postgraduate courses by renewing it every year and only if they choose to stay in the same stream for their masters. In the case of students studying professional courses, they can avail of financial aid under the CSSS programme till they complete their undergraduate degree.
The mode of transfer of the incentives amount to be provided by the CSSS scholarship will be Direct Benefit Transfer or DBT in short. Candidates have to carefully fill in their respective bank account details without errors. So that the financial aid provided is safely transferred into the candidate’s account and maintains easy transactions in the future.
For more Education news and updates, click here.