CUET UG 2023: The National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification, on 9th of February 2023, and announced the dates for starting the registration process for Common University Entrance Test, also known as CUET UG 2023. Today NTA released a new notification informing the extension of last date of registration into CUET UG 2023. This year, the entrance exam will be conducted from 21st to 31st of May, 2023.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for CUET UG 2023
Candidates must have qualified for any exam from the list given below to apply for CUET UG 2023:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- Candidates who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination
- In case the Class 12 Examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier
How to apply for CUET UG 2023?
All the candidates who wish to take admissions in undergraduate courses offered by the participating universities and colleges through CUET UG 2023 can apply for the same by visiting the official website of CUET (UG) – 2023.
- Register yourself on the official website
- Fill out the application form and upload the required documents
- Make payment and download the acknowledgement
- The recent photograph should be either in colour or black and white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against a white background
- Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format
- The size of the scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb
- The size of the scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb
- The size of the scanned copy of the Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) should be in pdf between 50kb to 300kb
- The size of the scanned copy of the PwBD certificate should be in pdf between 50 kb to 300 kb (clearly legible).
|No. of Subjects||Upto 03 Subjects||Upto 07 Subjects||Upto 10 Subjects|
|OBC (NCL)/ EWS||₹700||₹1,400||₹1,650|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD/ Third gender||₹650||₹1,300||₹1,550|
|For Centre outside India||₹3,750||₹7,500||₹11,000|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of CUET UG 2023
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and the paper will be of objective type with Multiple Choice Questions. There will be 13 mediums of the examination, i.e. Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu and candidates can choose the language as per their choice while filling out the application forms.
The CUET 2022 will have 3 sections as mentioned below:
Section I (A): There are 13 different languages. Any of these languages may be chosen. (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu)
Section I (B): There are 20 Languages. Any of these languages may be chosen. (French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.)
NOTE: 40 questions are to be attempted out of 50 in each language.
Section II: There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this section. A candidate may choose any subject as desired by the applicable University/ Universities. 35/40 Questions to be attempted out of 45/50.
Section III: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/ algebra geometry/ mensuration/ statistics), Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
- From the above subjects/ languages, the candidate can choose a maximum of 10 subjects from all three Sections.
- The marking scheme of CUET UG 2023 is +5 for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer. A total of 200 marks will be allotted for each section.
- Click here to check the syllabus of CUET UG 2023.
CUET UG 2023: Important Dates & Links
|Starting of Online registrations||09 Feb 2023|
|Last date for submission of Application forms||30 March 2023|
|Correction window||01 April to 03 April 2023|
|Announcement of the City of Examination||30 April 2023|
|Release of Admit Cards||The second week of May 2023|
|Dates of Examination||21 to 31 May 2023 (Reserve dates: 01 to 07 June 2023)|
|Announcement of Results||To be announced soon|
|Official Site||Click Here|
|Information Bulletin||Click Here|
|Help Centers||Click Here|
|Help Line||Email: [email protected]|
Landline: 011- 40759000 / 011-69227700
For more educational news, click here.