CUET UG Syllabus 2023: For students hoping to enroll in prestigious universities and colleges around the nation for further education, the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) will be a significant turning point. The exam will establish their academic career and determine whether they are eligible for admission into undergraduate programs offered by 44 central universities and other participating institutes that include State Government Universities, Autonomous Institutions, Private Universities, Deemed Universities, etc.
The CUET (UG) will be held for the academic year 2023 from the 21st to the 31st of May 2023. This entrance test will give students a chance to demonstrate their academic aptitude and get admission to the universities of their choice. In this article, we will cover the examination pattern of CUET-UG 2023, the marking scheme, and the subject-wise CUET UG Syllabus 2023.
Table of Contents
CUET UG 2023: Exam Pattern
- The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and the paper will be of objective type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- There will be 13 mediums of the examination, i.e. Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu and candidates can choose the language as per their choice while filling out the application forms.
- While filling out the application forms for CUET-UG 2023, candidates can choose upto 10 subjects from all three Sections mentioned below:
|Sections||Subjects/ Tests||Questions to be Attempted|
|Section I (A)||There are 13 different languages. Any of these languages may be chosen. (Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odiya, Bengali, Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi, and Urdu)||Candidates will need to attempt 40 questions out of 50 in each language.|
|Section I (B)||There are 20 Languages. Any of these languages may be chosen. (French, Spanish, German, Nepali, Persian, Italian, Arabic, Sindhi, Kashmiri, Konkani, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, Tibetan, Japanese, Russian, Chinese.)||Candidates will need to attempt 40 questions out of 50 in each language.|
|Section II||There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this section. A candidate may choose any subject as desired by the applicable University/ Universities.||35/40 Questions to be|
attempted out of 45/50
|Section III||For any such undergraduate programme being offered by Universities where a General Test is being used for admission, candidates need to opt for this.||50 Questions to be|
attempted out of 60
- Candidates will be awarded 5 marks for every correct answer, and for every wrong response, 1 mark will be deducted.
- There will be no marks for unanswered questions or for the questions that are Marked for Review by the candidate.
- In case of a discrepancy in the options given or if any of the questions are found to be wrong, NTA will tackle it in the following manner:
- If more than one option is found to be correct then Five marks (+5) will be awarded to only those who have marked any of the correct options.
- If all options are found to be correct then Five marks (+5) will be awarded to all those who have attempted the question.
- If none of the options is found correct or a question is found to be wrong or a question is dropped, then all candidates who have attempted the dropped question will be given five marks (+5) marks.
CUET UG Syllabus 2023: Section I (A & B)
For the 13 languages in Section I (A) and 20 languages in Section I (B), the questions will come from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension: There will be three types of passages (maximum 300-350 words):
- Verbal Ability
- Rearranging the parts
- Choosing the correct word
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Please note: NTA has clearly mentioned that questions for the language papers are not limited to the above topics, so there might be other language-specific questions.
CUET UG Syllabus 2023: Section II
|Subject||Syllabus in English||Syllabus in Hindi|
|Accountancy||Click Here||Click Here|
|Agriculture||Click Here||Click Here|
|Anthropology||Click Here||Click Here|
|Art Education Sculpture||Click Here||Click Here|
|Biology||Click Here||Click Here|
|Business Studies||Click Here||Click Here|
|Chemistry||Click Here||Click Here|
|Computer Science||Click Here||Click Here|
|Economics/ Business Economics||Click Here||Click Here|
|Engineering Graphics||Click Here||Click Here|
|Entrepreneurship||Click Here||Click Here|
|Environmental Studies||Click Here||Click Here|
|Geography||Click Here||Click Here|
|History||Click Here||Click Here|
|Home Science||Click Here||Click Here|
|Knowledge Tradition – Practices India||Click Here||Click Here|
|Legal Studies||Click Here||Click Here|
|Mass Media/ Mass Communication||Click Here||Click Here|
|Mathematics||Click Here||Click Here|
|Performing Arts||Click Here||–|
|Physical Education||Click Here||Click Here|
|Physics||Click Here||Click Here|
|Political Science||Click Here||Click Here|
|Psychology||Click Here||Click Here|
|Sanskrit||Click Here||Click Here|
|Sociology||Click Here||Click Here|
|Teaching Aptitude||Click Here||–|
CUET UG Syllabus 2023: Section III
For the General Test, the Question paper will contain questions from the following topics:
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- General Mental Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts/ Quantitative arithmetic/ algebra geometry/ mensuration/ statistics)
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
For more educational news, Click here.