Dibrugarh University is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for admission into the Master of Computer Application (MCA) Programme for the academic session 2022-2023. The application form for MCA Admission is now available on the official website of the University.
Candidates will have to apply for the entrance examination on or before the last date for submission of application forms, which is the 16th of July, 2022 (till 5.00 pm). All the admissions will be done solely based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance examination.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
- Any candidate who have passed BCA/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/ B.Sc. (IT) / B.E. (CSE)/ B.Tech. (CSE) / B.E. (IT) / B.Tech. (IT) or equivalent Degree are eligible for admission into MCA programme.
- If a candidate has passed any graduation degree (e.g.: B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc / B.Com. /B.A./ B. Voc./ etc.,) preferably with Mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduation level, securing at least 50% marks, they will also be eligible fr MCA Admissions.
- Lastly, the candidates, who are appearing in the final examination of their Bachelor’s Degree can also apply for the course. However, they have to submit the total aggregate mark upto the 5th Semester. Also, such candidates have to complete the Bachelor’s degree before the end semester examination of the 1st semester.
How to apply for MCA Admission?
Candidates looking to apply for MCA admission can follow the steps mentioned below to fill up their online application forms:
- First of all, visit the official website
- Scroll down and click on the link given for MCA Admissions 2022
- Now, register yourselves on the portal by clicking on the “Register” button
- While doing this, you will have to provide her/his name, mobile number, and a password
- After registration, you have to log in using your mobile number and the password
- Then, click on the “Apply” button corresponding to the MCA course, it will lead you to a form
- Now, fill up the application form carefully, upload all the necessary images/documents as applicable, and then click on the ‘Submit and Review’ button
- Recheck all the information entered and modify it, if anything seems wrong
- Next, submit the form and pay the application fees
- Lastly, after completing all the steps, download and take a printout of the MCA admission form and the pay payment receipt for future references
All the candidates applying for MCA Admission will need to pay the application fee of Rs 700. The candidates can pay the respective fee using any of the available payment methods, that is using Debit Card, Credit Card, or Internet Banking. Application forms without payment will not be considered in any case, and admit cards will not be generated for such candidates.
Dibrugarh University will conduct an examination, known as MCA Common Admission Test (MCAT) to select candidates for admission into the MCA programme. The admissions to the programme will be solely based on the merit list prepared from the results of the MCAT, provided that the eligibility criteria prescribed are fulfilled.
The entrance examination, MCAT 2022 will have 100 multiple choice questions, and candidates will be given 2 hours of time to complete the paper. There will be no negative marks for wrong answers. And the question paper will be set in the English language only. The paper will have 20 questions from Mathematics, 30 questions from Quantitive aptitude, 30 questions from Logical Reasoning, and 20 questions from English.
The MCAT 2022 will be conducted in the below-mentioned three centres on the 23rd of July from 11:00 AM onwards.
- Centre for Computer Science and Applications, Dibrugarh University
- NERIM, Guwahati
- J. B. College, Jorhat
|Starting of the online application process
|20th of June, 2022
|Last date to submit application forms
|16th of July, 2022
|Date of examination
|23rd of July, 2022
|Declaration of Results
|27th of July, 2022
|Date of counseling
|17th of August, 2022
- The application form for MCA Admission will only be accepted through online mode. The Dibrugarh University has firmly mentioned that there shall be no other means of application that shall be taken into consideration.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final examination of their Bachelor’s Degree have to submit the total aggregate mark upto the 5th Semester. Those candidates have to complete the Bachelor’s degree before the end semester examination of the 1st semester.
For more Education news, click here.