Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has opened the application portal for admission into Class 6 of various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. This year, Samiti has released the prospectus and opened the forms a bit earlier compared to previous years. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test or JNVST 2024 for Class 6 admissions in academic session 2024-25 will be conducted on two dates, that is 04th of November 2023, and the 20th of January, 2024.
Currently, there are a total of 649 JNVs across India. NVS is looking to admit a maximum of 80 students into Class VI in each Vidyalaya through the JNVST 2024. The online registration portal for the same is open from the 19th of June 2023 and the deadline is now extended upto 31st of August 2023.
Table of Contents
Who can Apply?
Here are the eligibility conditions that every candidate needs to satisfy to apply for Class 6 Admissions in JNVs:
- Candidates who are bonafide residents of the district and studying in class V in the academic session 2022-23 in a government-recognised school from the same district where JNV is functioning and to which they are seeking admission.
- The student should have studied full academic sessions in each class and passed classes III & IV from a government-recognised school.
- The date of birth of the student should be between the 1st of May, 2012 to the 31st of July, 2014 (both days inclusive).
- The certificate verified by the Head-Master mentioning the details of the candidate in the prescribed format (you can find it in the prospectus linked below)
- Signature of parent
- Signature of candidate
- Aadhaar details/ Residence certificate issued by a competent Government authority
How to apply for JNVST 2024?
- First of all, visit the admission portal of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Click on the link given for Registration
- Enter the details as asked in the application portal
- Next upload the candidate’s photo, signature, certificate by the Head Master, and also a signature from any one of the parents
- That’s it, Submit the application form, and do not forget to download a copy of the registration form for JNVST 2024, as it will be required for future references
JNVST 2024: Date of Test
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test or JNVST 2024 for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2024-25 will be held in two phases as given below:
- On Saturday, the 04th November 2023 at 11:30 AM in the States of Jammu and Kashmir (except Jammu-I, Jammu-II, Samba & Udhampur), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal, and Leh & Kargil districts of UT Ladakh.
- On Saturday, 20th January 2024 at 11:30 AM in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti, and Shimla Districts), Jammu & Kashmir (only for Jammu-I, Jammu-II, Samba & Udhampur) Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep, and Pudducherry.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The JNVST 2024 will have 80 objective-type questions of 100 marks in total. Each candidate will be given 120 minutes, i.e. 2 hours to complete the paper. However, there is a relaxation for Divyang students or differently-abled students, and they will get an additional 40 minutes to complete the paper.
|SECTIONS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50|
Section 1: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
The first section of the JNVST 2024 will have reasoning-type questions to check the mental ability of the candidate and all of them will be based on some diagrams. It is divided into 10 parts (listed below) and will have 4 questions of each type.
|PART-I (Odd Man Out)||PART-VI (Geometrical Figure Completion of Triangle, Square, Circle, etc.)|
|PART-II (Figure Matching)||PART-VII (Mirror Imagining)|
|PART-III (Pattern Completion)||PART-VIII (Punched Hole Pattern – Folding/Unfolding)|
|PART-IV (Figure Series Completion)||PART-IX (Space Visualisation)|
|PART-V (Analogy)||PART–X (Embedded Figure)|
Section 2: Arithmetic Test
The second section of the paper will have 20 mathematical questions to measure the candidate’s basic competencies in Arithmetic, and the questions will be based on the following 15 topics:
- Number and Numeric system
- Four fundamental operations on the Whole number
- Factors and multiples including their properties
- Decimals and Fundamental Operations on them
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc.
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions
- Fractional numbers – addition and subtraction of like fractions and multiplication (unlike fraction and division of fractional numbers not included)
- Profit and loss without calculation of percentage (calculation of the percentage of profit and loss is exempted from the topic)
- Perimeter and Area: the perimeter of a polygon, area of a square, rectangle, and triangle (as a part of a rectangle)
- Types of Angles and their Simple Applications
- Data analysis using bar diagram, graph, and line chart
Section 3: Language Test
The third and last section of the JNVST 2024 is to assess the reading comprehension of the candidates. This section will have 4 passages and 5 questions with each passage, that is 20 questions in total. Candidates will need to read the passages given and find out the answers to the questions given along with them.
Here is the schedule for all the procedures of JNVST 2024 for Class VI admissions:
|Opening of Application Portal||19th June 2023|
|Last date to submit Application forms|
|Correction Window||1st & 2nd August 2023|
|Release of Admit Cards||Not announced yet|
|Date of Exam (Winter Bound JNVs)||4th November 2023|
|Date of Exam (Summer Bound JNVs)||20th January 2024|
|Announcement of Results||Not announced yet|
- All the candidates or his/ her parents should thoroughly read the Prospectus of JNVST 2024 before applying to know everything about the entrance test.
- At least 75% of seats in a district will be filled by candidates from rural areas.
- NVS will completely follow the reservation structure laid out as per government norms for SC, ST, OBC, and Divyang candidates.
- A minimum of one-third (1/3) of the seats in JNVST 2024 are reserved for girl students.
- Candidates can also go through this Previous Year Question Booklet to learn about the question pattern of the examination.
For more Education news, click here.