GATE 2023: The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur will be conducting the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering, 2023 (GATE 2023) and has released the admit card for the examination on the 9th of January 2023. Applicants can visit the official website of GATE 2023 and download their admit card using their enrollment id and password.
Table of Contents
Steps to download GATE 2023 admit card
The steps to download admit card are as follows-
- Firstly, candidates need to visit GATE 2023 official website – gate.iitk.ac.in
- Then click on the GATE admit card 2023 download link
- Next login using the enrollment id and password
- On successful login, the admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Lastly, download the GATE admit card 2023 and take a printout of the same.
GATE 2023: The timeline
|Opening of the Online Application Portal||30th August 2022 (Tuesday)|
|Closing of the Online Application Portal||07th October 2022 (Friday)|
|Closing of the Online Application Portal (With High Fee Payment)||16th October 2022 (Sunday)|
|Modifications in GATE 2023 Application form||4th to 11th November (Friday to Friday)|
|Availability of GATE 2023 admit cards for download||9th January 2023 (Monday)|
|GATE 2023 examinations||4th and 5th February 2023 (Saturday and Sunday)|
11th and 12th February 2023 (Saturday and Sunday)
|Candidate’s response available on the Application Portal||15th February 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Answer Keys available on the Application Portal||21st February 2023 (Tuesday)|
|Submission challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||22nd to 25th February 2023 (Wednesday to Saturday)|
|Announcement of results||16th March 2023 (Thursday)|
|Availability of Score card download by candidates||21st March 2023 (Tuesday)|
GATE 2023: Previous year’s question paper
The authority has released the previous year’s question paper of GATE on the official website. Candidates can click the link (GATE Previous Year Question Paper) and download the question paper accordingly. The website also contains syllabi of the subjects that are allotted for the examinations. Aspirants can click the link (GATE 2023 syllabus) and download the syllabus of the examinations.
Pattern of the Examination
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||29|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA) +|
Candidate’s Selected Subject
|Types of Questions||(a) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
(b) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
(c) Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
|Number of Questions 10 (GA) + 55 (Subject) = 65 Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (Subject) = 65 Questions|
|Total Marks||General Aptitude: 15 Marks +|
Subject Questions: 85 Marks = 100
- GATE 2023 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
- A printed copy of the admit card must be presented for verification at the examination center.
- Along with admit card candidates must also bring an original and valid photo Identity Document (NO photocopy/scanned copy/NOT an expired document), which was specified during the filling up of the online application.
- For Indian candidates, only the following identification cards will be accepted: Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, and Driving License. For foreign nationals, documents like a valid Passport, any other valid photo ID issued by their government, Driving License are acceptable.
- Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, transparent water bottle, mask, and pocket-sized hand sanitizer.
About GATE examinations
This is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Masters’s Program and Recruitment by some Public Sector Companies.
Valid GATE 2023 score can be used for seeking admission to (i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts; and (ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies.
For more educational news, click here.