The National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification on 29th of December, 2022, and informed about the opening of the online portal for the submission of Application Forms for the National Eligibility Test or UGC NET 2022. The process has already started and all the candidates, who wish to apply for UGC NET 2022 can fill up their forms by the 17th of January 2023 (upto 05:00 PM). This year, NTA plans to conduct the test from the 21st of February to the 10th of March, 2023.
On the other hand, NTA released another notification yesterday, on the 5th of January, and announced the Dates of Examination of the UGC NET June 2023 Cycle. It is seen that NTA had conducted both cycles (December & June) at once in recent years due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, NTA and UGC are all set to regularize the UGC-NET examination cycle from now onwards.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
This is the set of criteria that a candidate needs to fit in to sit in the UGC NET 2022:
- Candidate must secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in master’s degree or equivalent examination from UGC-recognized universities/colleges in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, etc.
- Whereas, 50% marks are required for Transgender candidates along with aspirants belonging to OBC non-creamy layer/ SC/ ST/ PWD category.
- Candidates pursuing a master’s degree or having appeared for the final exam and waiting for their results can also apply. Such candidates will be provisionally admitted and will be eligible for the award of JRF/ eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s degree with the required percentage according to category. Also, note that candidates must complete their master’s degree within 2 years of the declaration of the UGC NET result.
- Candidates with Ph.D. degrees whose master’s exam was completed by 19th September 1991 will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (Students can check the information brochure for complete details).
- Candidates are advised to appear for the NET exam in the subject they have completed their post-graduation. If the subject is not available, then they can choose a subject similar to it.
- Candidates having a post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by an Indian University/ Institute or a foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by a foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate with a Master s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- Age Limit and Relaxation:
- For JRF, candidates should not be more than 30 years as on the 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01/02/2022.
- A relaxation of 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD, Third gender categories, and to women applicants.
- Whereas for Assistant Professors, there is no upper age limit in applying for UGC NET 2022.
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of UGC NET 2022
- On the homepage, click on the link that reads, “UGC NET December 2022 application form”
- Then candidates will be redirected to a new page, there click on “New registration”
- Read the rules and regulations mentioned there carefully and proceed to fill out the application form
- On completion of the details filling section, proceed to the payment section
- Then on finishing all the steps, download and take a printout of the UGC NET 2022 application form and the payment receipt for future reference
Candidates who are interested in registering for UGC NET 2022 will have to pay an application fee, which can be paid using Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, and even UPI as per the candidate’s convenience. Here are the fees applicable:
|SC/ ST/ Person with Disabilities(PwD)/ Third gender
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
- The question paper will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions.
- The language of the question paper will be as per the selection made by the candidates from Hindi and English.
- The exam will be conducted in CBT (Computer Based Test/ Online) mode.
- There will be a total of two papers in the examination.
- The time duration of the exam will be 3 hours and it will be without any break.
- For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded and there will be 300 marks in total.
- There will be no negative marking scheme for UGC NET 2022 paper.
The UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern is as follows:
|No. of Questions
|About the Paper
|The questions in Paper-I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
|This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.
|Starting of Online Applications
|29th of December, 2022
|Last date of Online Applications
|17th of January, 2023 (upto 05:00 P.M)
|Last date for submission of Examination fee
|18th of January, 2023 (upto 11:50 P.M)
|Correction in the Particulars in the Online Application Form
|19th-20th of January 2023 (upto 11:50 P.M)
|Announcement of City of Exam Centre
|The first week of February 2023
|Availability of Admit Card
|The second week of February 2023
|Dates of Examination
|21st of February, 2023 to 10th of March, 2023
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Under no circumstances will candidates be allowed to fill out more than one Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even later, against candidates who have filled out more than one Application Form.
- Candidates must follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website as the candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/ Guardians’ only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
- If any candidate faces any technical or non-technical issue in applying for UGC NET 2022, he/she may contact 011-40759000/ 011-69227700 or e-mail [email protected].
For more news and updates, click here.