The Intelligence Bureau (IB) under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, is inviting online applications from Indian Nationals for recruitment to the post of Security Assistant/ Executive (SA/Exe) and Multi-Tasking Staff. The positions vacant in IB Recruitment 2023 require All India Service Liability, so only candidates who are willing to serve all over India are advised to apply. The last date to apply is listed as February 17, 2023.
The recruitment process will be based on online and offline examinations followed by an interview or personality test. Prospective candidates, who aspire to join and fulfill the vacancies in IB Recruitment 2023 can follow the information provided in this article and apply for the same.
Table of Contents
About Intelligence Bureau
Intelligence Bureau or IB is India’s domestic internal security and counter-intelligence agency and is reputed as the oldest organization in the world. It is particularly tasked with intelligence collection in border areas, executing counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism tasks, and garnering intelligence from within India.
Vacancies of IB Recruitment 2023
Through this recruitment drive, IB is looking to hire a total of 1525 candidates for the post of Security Assistant/ Executive and 150 candidates for Multi-Tasking Staff (General).
|Security Assistant/ Executive
|Multi-Tasking Staff (General)
- The candidate must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board of Education to apply for IB Recruitment 2023.
- The candidate must possess a domicile certificate of the State against which the candidate has applied.
- Must have knowledge of any local dialect of their State.
- For the post of Security Assistant/ Executive post, the age limit is 27 years as of the closing date.
- For the post of Multi-tasking Staff (General), the age limit is 18-25 years as of the closing date.
- There are also certain relaxations for candidates belonging to reserved categories, and candidates can know about them from the official notification.
The selection test for IB Recruitment 2023 will be conducted in three tiers. Here are the details about these phases:
- The First Tier will consist of an online examination of MCQs carrying 100 marks to be covered in one hour.
- The Second Tier will consist of an offline examination of descriptive-type questions carrying 40 marks to be covered in a time frame of one hour.
- The third tier examination of the personality test will be conducted for SA/Exe only, which will assess the spoken ability of candidates for 10 marks and the personality test for 50 marks.
The cut-off marks in First Tier Examination are 35 for Unreserved candidates, 34 for OBC, 33 for SC/ST, and 35 for EWS candidates. The Second Tier examination is just qualifying in nature. In the second tier, qualifying marks are 20 out of 50 for SA/Exe and 16 out of 40 for MTS/gen.
|Security Assistant/ Executive
|Level-3, Rs. 21700 – 69100
|Level-1, Rs. 18000 – 56900
The pay scale of IB Recruitment 2023 also includes special security allowances of 20% of basic pay in addition to other government allowances and cash compensation in lieu of duty performed on holidays subject to a ceiling of 30 days.
How to apply?
- IB will accept only online applications which are to be submitted to their official websites: www.mha.gov.in or www.ncs.gov.in
- The candidate needs to register themselves in the application portal and fill up the details as asked on the website
- Next, upload all the relevant documents and pay the application fees.
- Lastly, submit the form for IB Recruitment 2023 and download it for future references
|Rs 450 (including recruitment processing charges)
|Male candidates belonging to General, EWS or OBC
|Rs 500 (including the examination fee and recruitment processing charges)
|Opening of the application portal
|January 27, 2023
|Last date to submit forms
|February 17, 2023
For more Job updates, click here.