IIT JAM 2023: Forms to open soon; here is all you should know about
The application forms for IIT JAM 2023 will be available soon, here are the complete details, starting from Eligibility, Steps to apply, Exam Pattern, and Syllabus.
IIT Guwahati, the conducting body for IIT JAM 2023 is all set to organize the entrance test for admission into Masters programs in IITs and NITs in the month of February 2023. IIT Guwahati has recently launched a new website for the same and announced some of the prominent details about the exam there.
The online registrations will start on 7th September and will be available up to 11th October 2022. And examinations will be held on 12th February 2023. IIT JAM 2023 will be conducted for 7 subjects, which are Chemistry, Biotechnology, Economics, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Physics, and Geology.
Also read: CUET PG 2022 examination is to be held on the last week of July; Know all details here
Who can apply?
All the candidates should meet the following eligibility conditions to apply for IIT JAM 2023:
- Candidates should have passed an undergraduate degree or should be currently studying in their final year of an undergraduate programme.
- Also, candidates will need to submit the mark sheets/ certificates before by September 29, 2023, as proof of having passed the undergraduate degree.
- Candidates promoted without a marksheet should produce a certificate stating the subjects studied in that semester/year duly signed by the Head of the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degrees are eligible to apply, subject to the policy of the Admitting Institute.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. The admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. Admission is liable to be cancelled if a candidate is found physically unfit to pursue their chosen course of study.
IIT JAM 2023: Steps to apply
To apply for IIT JAM 2023, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website, i.e. jam.iitg.ac.in
- Click on the button saying “Candidate Portal”
- Register by entering your name, email id, mobile number, and a password
- Now, use the Enrollment Id received in the registered mail/ phone number along with the password to login to the portal
- Next, fill up all the details, choose the preferred subject and then upload the necessary documents
- Lastly, pay the application fees and submit the application form for IIT JAM 2023
- Also, download the acknowledgment receipt for future references
At the time of filling out the online application forms for IIT JAM 2023, the applicants will need to pay an application fee as given below:
|Gender/ Categories||For 1 Paper||For 2 Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD||₹ 900||₹ 1250|
|All Others||₹ 1800||₹ 2500|
- There will be 60 questions in a paper, having 100 marks in total.
- Each paper is divided into three sections, namely A, B, and C.
- Section A will have 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) which carry 50 marks.
- This includes 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each.
- Each MCQ will have 4 options and only one out of them will be correct.
- For 1-mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- For 2-mark questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Section B will have 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) carrying two marks each.
- Each MSQ question is the same as that of MCQ type questions, however, there will be more than 1 correct option in this section.
- Students need to select all the possible answers and they will be awarded 2 marks if they select them correctly.
- There is no partial marking, which means if they miss even one correct option or select even one wrong option, they will not get any marks for the same.
- There will be no negative marking in this section.
- Section C will have 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, carrying 30 marks.
- This will include 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each.
- For these NAT-type questions, the answers will be a real number, and candidates will need to enter them using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor.
- There is no negative marking in Section C as well.
Syllabus of IIT JAM 2023
|Mathematical Statistics||MS||Download now|
|Opening of the application portal||7th September 2022|
|Last date to submit application forms||11th October 2022|
|Release of Admit Cards||–|
|Date of Examination||12th February 2023|
|Declaration of Results||22nd March 2023|
|Starting of Admission procedures||11th April 2022|
Once the candidate has qualified in IIT JAM 2023, they can get admission to the following IITs:
|IIT Bhilai||IIT Bhubaneswar||IIT Bombay|
|IIT Delhi||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||IIT Gandhinagar|
|IIT Guwahati||IIT Hyderabad||IIT Indore|
|IIT Jammu||IIT Jodhpur||IIT Kanpur|
|IIT Kharagpur||IIT Madras||IIT Mandi|
|IIT Palakkad||IIT Patna||IIT Roorkee|
|IIT Ropar||IIT Tirupati||IIT (BHU) Varanasi|
Along with the above-mentioned IITs, other institutes such as IISc Bangalore, IIPE Visakhapatnam, IISER Bhopal, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), all NITs, IIEST Shibpur, SLIET, and DIAT will also use the scores of IIT JAM 2023 for admitting students into their postgraduate programmes.
- IIT Guwahati will release more information about IIT JAM 2023 such as Application Procedures, Courses Available, Seat Matrix, etc. by the last week of August 2022.
- Examination for all the subjects will be held in 2 shifts on a single day, that is on the 12th of February, 2023 (Sunday).
- The first shift will be for students, who have opted for Chemistry, Geology, and Mathematics test papers, whereas the second shift will be conducted for Biotechnology, Economics, Mathematical Statistics, and Physics.
- Any candidate can apply for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 subjects. But, the examination for selected papers should be in different shifts.
For more Education news, click here.