IIT Palakkad Junior Research Fellow in Physics Dept, apply before April 30
IIT Palakkad is intaking applications for Junior Research Fellowship programme under physics department. Candidates wishing to apply can visit the official website and apply for the same.
The Department of Physics, IIT Palakkad has released a notification recently regarding the recruitment of Post-Graduate students for a project funded by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) Startup Research Grant. The fellowship programme comes with a monthly grant of Rs 31,000/- under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The main aim of the fellowship programme lies in its project areas, which involve Stellar evolution and nucleosynthesis. The project will focus particularly on finding the origins of carbon-enhanced metal-poor stars.
Also Read: New UGC Guidelines: Students can now pursue 2 degrees at the same time
Eligibility for IIT Palakkad Research Fellowship
To be eligible for the fellowship, the applicant must hold the following criteria:
- Applicant must have a Master’s degree in Physics, Astronomy, or Astrophysics from a reputed Institute/ University with a good academic record.
- Applicants, who are qualified in a DST recognized National Eligibility Test like GATE/ JEST will be given preference.
- Applicants must be below 31 years of age, as of the closing date of application. However, there is certain relaxation for applicants belonging to OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories and women applicants as per the Government of India norms.
- The programme requires the applicant to have a background in astrophysics, particularly in stellar evolution and nucleosynthesis.
- Also, the applicant should have experience working with codes written in Fortran.
- And working knowledge in Python and Latex.
IIT Palakkad Research Fellowship: Benefits
- The IIT Palakkad research fellowship programme will provide a monthly allowance to the selected candidates, i.e. an amount of Rs 31,000/- (Thirty One Thousand Rupees Only) on monthly basis.
- The selected candidate may be provided Hostel accommodation at the institute based on availability on a chargeable basis. In case of non-availability of institute hostel, admissible HRA will be provided as per the Government of India rules.
Vacation and Duration
The number of positions available for the fellowship is 1 and the duration of the programme for the selected candidate will be initially one year. The duration can be extended depending on the satisfactory performance of the candidate and the availability of funds.
The selection to the IIT Palakkad Junior Research Fellowship programme will be done totally on a merit basis. And all the candidates should qualify for the above-mentioned eligibility criteria.
Important points for the application process
- Candidates wishing to apply for the IIT Palakkad Junior Research Fellowship program will need to visit the official website and gather all important information for the same, before applying.
- The last date for the application process is 30th April 2022 (Saturday).
- The candidates satisfying the above-mentioned criteria may send their resume and their certificates related to educational qualifications starting from class 10 in a single PDF to the mail id provided- “[email protected]”.
- The subject of the application e-mail should be Application for Junior Research Fellow IITPKD/2022/003/PHY/PRB.
For more education news and updates, Click Here.