The University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of Human Resource Development have released the notification for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 for the North Eastern Region. Under this Scheme, 10,000 fresh scholarships are given every year to students who are enrolled in a general, technical or professional degree course, including medical and paramedical courses.
Ishan Uday Scholarship comes with a wonderful grant of Rs. 54,000 per year. This scheme is surely a boon for meritorious students, who come from low-income families as it can help students to cover their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. In this article, interested students can find all the details starting from the Benefits of the scheme, and steps to apply to eligibility conditions.
Table of Contents
About Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023
The scholarship will be given for the duration of study of the UG programme as specified by UGC for each programme, from the start of class in the first year/ semester. In the case of ‘integrated’ and ‘dual degree’ programmes, the scholarship will be payable for the UG component only.
- The selected candidates will receive an amount of Rs. 5400/- per month for the general degree course and Rs. 7800/- per month for technical/ medical/ professional /paramedical courses for an academic year.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study upon receipt of an annual progress report granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.
- The selected candidate will receive the scholarship amount for the complete duration of the course, given that the renewal is successfully done for each academic year.
- Students should be a domicile of any state in the North Eastern Region (NER), i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland or Tripura to apply for this scholarship scheme.
- Candidates who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including CBSE, ICSE, NIOS within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree courses, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions are eligible.
- Only first-year undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- For availing of scholarships under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme. The reservation shall be followed as per Government of India norms.
- The students, who are pursuing any UG programme through open/ distance/ correspondence/ private/ part-time mode, are not eligible to apply.
- Students gaining admission through ‘Management Quota’ are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is available to the students for the first UG Degree only. Students, who have already acquired any degree, are not eligible to apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023.
For Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023, the following documents need to be uploaded when applying for the scheme on the National Scholarship Portal:
- Domicile certificate/ PRC
- Annual income certificate issued by the competent authority
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College
How to apply?
The students applying for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 must follow the given steps:
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by clicking on the link given below
- Click on the “Fresh Application” link given in the Application corner
- Read the instructions given, then enter basic details and get registered on the portal
- Next, log in to the application portal using the application ID and password sent to their registered mobile number
- Fill personal and academic details and then proceed to the next step
- Now, NSP will show a list of scholarship schemes, for which candidates are eligible based on the information provided by them in previous steps
- From the list, select Ishan Uday Scholarship and proceed
- Now, check the list of documents that are required to be uploaded, and get them ready
- Once documents/ images are uploaded, please submit the application form and download it
- Lastly, candidates need to take a printout of the application form and submit it along with a copy of all the relevant documents to the office of their college/ university for further approval
|Starting of submission of online application||3rd of October, 2023|
|Closing of submission of online application||31st of December, 2023|
|Last date to verify the Defective application||Not yet available|
|Last date for Institute-Level Verification||To be announced|
|DNO/ SNO/ MNO Verification||To be announced|
|National Scholarship Portal|
|New Registration Link for Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|Guidelines for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023|