The National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification on 15th February 2023 regarding JEE Main 2023 session 2 registration, the NTA has now invited online application forms for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2023 Session 2.
The candidates who have applied and successfully paid the Examination Fee for JEE (Main) – 2023 Session 1 and wish to appear for JEE (Main) – 2023 Session 2, are required to log in with their previous Application Number and Password as provided in Session 1.
They may only choose the Paper, Medium of the Examination, State code of Eligibility, uploading of Address proof (Present and Permanent), Cities for Session 2 and pay the Examination Fees.
All candidates (already registered and new registration) are required to upload address proof (Present and permanent address) during the online Application Form of JEE (Main) – 2023 Session 2. The address proof may include AADHAAR Card, Domicile Certificate, Passport, Voter ID card, etc. Both documents (if applicable) are to be merged and uploaded in a single pdf file. If the Present and Permanent addresses are the same, then the same document will suffice.
Table of Contents
JEE Main 2023 session 2 registration re-started
Registration for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2023 Session 2 was over on 12 March 2023. Correction window is opened till 14 March 2023 (up to 09:00 P.M.). Meanwhile, a few representations were being received by NTA from the candidates to open the registration window again for applying for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2023 Session 2 as they could not complete their registration due to various unavoidable reasons. To support the students’ community, NTA decided to re-open the registration for receiving online Application Forms for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2023 Session 2 only on 15th of March and 16 of March.
Who can apply?
There are certain conditions set to maintain the authenticity of the JEE Main 2023 session 2 examinations. Candidates need to fulfill the requirements in order to sit in the JEE Main 2023 session 2 examinations. They are as follows:
- Only those candidates who have passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2021, 2022, or those who are appearing in the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2023, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2023.
- Candidates should have secured at least 75% marks in the Class 12 examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- Candidates who have completed the Class 12 (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class 12 Examination.
- There is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed the class 12/equivalent examination in 2021, 2022, or appearing in 2023 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2023 examination. However, the candidates may be required to fulfill the age criteria of the Institute(s) to which they are desirous of taking admission.
- Candidates must have completed a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- Candidates must have completed the Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Candidates must have completed the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Candidates must have completed any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country that is recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Candidates must have completed Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
Registration for JEE Main 2023 session 2
|Existing candidates i.e. candidates registered for Session 1 and Paid Fee be considered for Session 2||Already registered candidates in Session 1|
i.e. existing candidates for Session 2:
Candidates are allowed to opt for the following:
i. Course (Paper)
ii. Medium of Question Paper
iii. State code of Eligibility
iv. Examination Cities
v. Uploading of Address Proof
vi. Fee Payment
|For new candidates, the process for registration and application form filling in Session 2 will remain the same as in Session 1.||For new candidates in Session 2 i.e. not registered including Fee not paid for Session 1: The process for registration and Application will remain the same as followed for Session 1.|
Steps to register for JEE Main 2023 session 2
Candidates will require to follow the steps below in order to fill out the JEE Main 2023 session 2 form:
- Candidates will need to visit the official website first
- On the homepage, click on the “JEE(Main) 2023 Session 1 Application” link
- Then next click on “new registration” and read the mentioned instructions carefully
- Then enter your details to register yourself
- Once you get the application number and password, login to fill out the application form
- Fill the application form with the essential details and upload the documents
- Save your details to proceed and after entering all the details, submit your form and pay the application fees
- Don’t forget to download the application form and the payment receipt for future reference.
Application Fee for JEE Main 2023 session 2
The online application fee for JEE Main 2023 session 2 can be paid through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net-Banking and UPI. The fee for different categories are as follows:
- General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)
- Female – Rs 800
- Male – Rs 1,000
- SC/ST/PWD – Rs 500
- Third gender – Rs 500
Important Dates for JEE Main 2023 session 2
|Examination /Session||JEE Main 2023 session 2|
|Dates of Examination||06, 08, 10, 11, and 12 April 2023|
(Reserve dates – 13, 15 April 2023)
|Old Form Fill-up Dates||15th February to 12th March 2023|
(up to 09:00 P.M.)
|New Form Fill-Up Dates||15 March & 16 March 2023 (Up to 10:50 PM)|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fee Online||16th March 2023|
(up to 11:50 P.M.)
- Candidates can apply for JEE Main 2023 session 2 through the “Online” mode only through the website. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. Under no circumstances, candidates will be allowed to fill out more than one Application Form. Strict action will be taken, even at a later stage, against such candidates who have filled out more than one Application Form.
- Candidates who passed the Class 12/equivalent examination in 2020 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2024 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2023.
- Candidates must strictly follow the instructions given in the Information Bulletin and on the NTA website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- The application window for Session 2 will be re-opened as per the details available in the Information Bulletin and will also be notified separately through a Public Notice.
- Candidates must ensure that the e-mail address and Mobile Number provided in the Online Application Form are their own or Parents/Guardians only as all information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address or SMS on the registered Mobile Number only.
- For Papers, Scheme, Timing, and other information, candidates are requested to please check the Information Bulletin of JEE Main 2023 available on the website.
In case a candidate faces any technical or non-technical difficulty in applying for JEE Main 2023 session 2, he/she may contact 011-40759000 / 011-69227700 or e-mail at [email protected].
For more educational news and updates, click here.