JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023: Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has opened the registration portal for receiving online applications from eligible candidates to admit them to the 11th standard of various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, according to the available vacancies.
The Lateral Entry Selection Test for admission to Class-XI in JNVs against the vacant seats, likely to be available in JNVs for the academic session 2023-24 will be held on Saturday, 22nd July 2023 at 11:00 AM. The application process for the same will remain open till May 31, 2023.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for JNV Class 11 Admissions
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.06.2006 and 31.07.2008 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the OBC (Central List), Scheduled Castes, and Scheduled Tribe.
- The candidate must have studied Class X during the academic session 2022-23 (April 2022 to March 2023 session) / 2022 (January to December 2022 session) from a Govt./ Govt. recognized school of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of the certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
- Candidates who have passed class X prior to the session 2022-23 are not eligible.
- Only Indian Nationals, who studied Class-X in India are eligible to apply.
JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023: How to apply?
To apply for the JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023, here are the simple steps that need to be followed by the students:
- Go to the official website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Click on the highlighted link in the popup that says “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR CLASS XI LATERAL ENTRY SELECTION TEST 2023”
- Once you are redirected to the application portal, click on the link for registrations
- Enter your basic details in the registration form and submit the form
- Now, a registration number along with the password will be sent to your mobile number, note that down and keep it safe
- Next, login into the admission portal using the registration number and password received
- Then fill up all your personal details, choose your preferred stream and district & upload the images/ documents as requested
- Once done, check out all the details and submit the application form for JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023, and don’t forget to download it for further references
The selection test for JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023 will be of two-and-half-hour duration from 11:00 am to 01:30 pm and will have 5 sections with, only objective-type questions. There are 100 questions in all for 100 marks.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|Mental Ability||20||20||30 Minutes|
|Social Science||20||20||30 Minutes|
|Total||100||100||2 Hour 30 Min|
Preparation of Stream-wise Merit List
Every candidate has to score the minimum qualifying marks i.e. 06 marks out of 20 as per NVS criteria in all 05 subjects. However, the merit list for JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023 will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained in different subjects by a candidate in the Lateral Entry Selection Test as per the following criteria:
|Streams||Compulsory subjects||Subjects considered for preparing merit list||Maximum|
|Science||Physics, Chemistry||Mental Ability + Science + Mathematics||60|
|Commerce||Accountancy, Business & Economics||Mental Ability + Social Science + Mathematics||60|
|Humanities||History, Geography & Economics||Mental Ability + Social Science + One subject out of the remaining three subjects with the highest marks||60|
|Vocational||Vocational subjects||Mental Ability + two more subjects out of the remaining four subjects with the highest marks||60|
Important Dates and Links
|Last date to submit the application form||May 31, 2023|
|The correction Window Opens on||June 1 and 2, 2023|
|Date of the Examination||July 22, 2023|
|Link to the Prospectus of JNV Class 11 Admissions 2023||Click here|
|Link to the application portal||Click here|
|Announcement of results||July/August|
For more admission-related news, click here.