Merit lists for Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022 are out now; know all the important details
The procedures for Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022 are on the go, the university has released new notifications for the same.
Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022: Tezpur University has released a new notification regarding admissions into various undergraduate courses. The merit lists of the selected students were published yesterday and Counselling cum Admissions will begin by this Monday. The University administration has hereby released the complete schedule for various events related to the admission procedure.
This year, various Central Universities have opted for the admissions of UG students through CUET UG examinations. Like other central universities, Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022 is also entirely based on the scores obtained by the students in CUET UG 2022. Earlier, the result of the entrance test was declared on the 16th of September, 2022.
Also Read: IIT Guwahati student found dead by suicide in hostel
Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022: Flow of events
While getting admission, all the students must go through the following procedure upon reaching the institution:
- Reporting by the candidates short-listed in the merit list in the department for counselling/ admission
- Verification of the credentials, eligibility criteria, and other criteria by the department
- Allotment of hostel seat, enrolment number, ID card, etc.
- Deposit of requisite semester fees through electronic means only (Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, and UPI) on the admission desk and printing of Fee payment receipt
- Printing of Admission record form (ARF)
- That’s it, the candidate’s admission process is completed!
Merit List of Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022
The list of students selected for different programmes is given below:
|NAME OF UG PROGRAMMES||MERIT LIST||WAITING LIST-1||WAITING LIST-2|
|Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Chemistry)||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Mathematics)||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. (Physics)||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated M.Sc. in Physics||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated M.Sc. in Life Sciences||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated M.A. in English||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Integrated M.Com||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
|Certificate in Chinese||Merit List||Waiting List-1||Waiting List-2|
As per notifications released by Tezpur University, here are the timeline of events for various events related to admissions is given below:
|EVENTS||DATE AND DAY||REPORTING TIME|
|Counselling cum Admission (from Merit List)||17/10/2022|
|09:00 AM – 10:30 AM|
|Publication of vacancy status on the Tezpur University Website||17/10/2022|
|Counselling cum Admission against the vacant seats (from Waitlist – 1)||21/10/2022|
|09:00 AM – 10:30 AM|
|Publication of vacancy status on the Tezpur University Website||21/10/2022|
|Counselling cum Admission against the vacant seats (from Waitlist – 2)||27/10/2022|
|09:00 AM – 10:30 AM|
There are various important instructions that the candidate must know before going through the Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022:
- The Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022 will be conducted in multiple rounds. On 17/10/2022 (10:00 AM), there will be the first round of admission of candidates from the Merit List.
- Further admission rounds will be conducted if a vacancy exists in any programme. And information regarding the same will be notified on Tezpur University Admission Portal.
- The subsequent admission rounds will be conducted on 21/10/2022 for the candidates in Waiting List 1 and on 27/10/2022 from Waiting List 2.
- The candidate must report physically to the respective Departments of Tezpur University as per the prescribed schedule.
- Candidate must report on the reporting desk along with the print copy of the first page of his/her online application form and give his/her attendance in the attendance register available on the reporting desk within the first 45 minutes from 10:00 a.m. of the round. [FOR WAITING LIST ADMISSION ONLY]
- Candidates who have physically reported during Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022 from the wait list 1 will be preferred for preparing the backlog list for filling any vacancy in any programme.
- People at the reporting desk must ensure that the candidate is putting his/her signature in the reporting register. Guardians should not be allowed to put his/her signature on behalf of the candidates in the register.
- Candidates need to bring a medical certificate as per the attached Performa duly signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner. This is a mandatory document.
- The candidate who has been allocated a seat must produce all required documents in originals (As per the list provided) to the admission officer(s) for verification. At the time of verification, if the verification officer(s) raises any query(s), then the candidate must respond. Failing to provide a proper answer to the query(s) may lead to the cancellation of the allotted seat, and the candidate will be out of the Tezpur University admission process.
- After document verification, the candidate must pay the admission fee if no discrepancies are found. The admission fee may be paid through electronic means only (Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, and UPI) at the admission desk. Non-payment of fees will be treated as the rejection of the offered seat, and the candidate will no longer be able to participate in the seat allocation process. Cash mode of fee payment will not be accepted in any case.
- Allotment of the seat in the Hostels will be as per the policy framed by the office of the DSW, Tezpur University.
- The admission fee refund on account of cancellation/ withdrawal of admission/ migration will be governed by the UGC fee refund policy 2022-2023 circulated vide D.O. No. 2-71/2022 (CPP-II) dated 2nd August 2022.
- The candidate must fill out a Proforma (available at the admission desk) to accept a seat.
- A candidate who has forfeited any seat during the admission process will not be considered again for admission for that seat.
- Float options will be available to only those candidates who are NOT offered admission to their first choice of an academic programme. Float options are NOT available in the last round of admission.
- Except in the last round of Tezpur University UG Admissions 2022, a candidate can change from Float to Freeze by physically reporting to the concerned department or TUEE cell.
- No further change will be permitted if a candidate has opted for the Freeze option for a seat in an academic programme in a particular round.
For more Education news, click here.