The “Minority Girls Scholarship” is a scholarship scheme for the benefit of the girl students studying in classes 10, 11 and 12, belonging to Minority Communities of Assam. The candidates should be studying in any Government or Provincialised school under the Department of School Education, Government of Assam.
Table of Contents
- The candidate should be studying in class 10th, 11th or 12th.
- Candidate should belong to the Minority Communities of Assam.
- As per the Government Guidelines, only two unmarried girl children of the same parents are eligible to get the benefit of the scholarship scheme.
- Rs. 2000/- per annum for class 10 students.
- Rs. 4000/- per annum for class 11 and 12 students.
Minority Girls Scholarship: How to apply?
Eligible candidates should not submit individual applications on their own. The Head of the Institution will need to register & submit online applications on behalf of all the eligible candidates. Here are the steps the Head of Institutions (HoI) needs to follow:
- Before filling out the online applications, the HoI shall download the Advertisement/ Guideline and read the instructions carefully.
- The Head of Institution (HoI) shall then identify the eligible students of his/ her institution only, who are studying in classes X, XI & XII.
- Next, HoI shall collect the original Bank Pass Book, and Aadhaar Card of the eligible girls’ students for the scheme.
- Visit the official website of Minority Girls Scholarship using the link given below
- Click on the link given under the “Minority Girls Scholarship, 2023-24”
- The HoI shall register his/ her institution in the portal using the institution UDISE Code, Mobile No., and E-mail ID in the name of the Head of the Institution (HoI).
- Once the OTP verification is completed, the HoI can log in for submission of online application forms on behalf of their students.
Alternatively, the Head of the Institution can also fill out the forms for Minority Girls Scholarship 2023 by using the ‘Bidyarthi’ Mobile App.
Steps to follow after applying
- Once the last date of Submission of the Application is over, a datasheet will be generated in PDF format and the same will be available on the website.
- The Head of the Institution must print out three copies of the data sheet.
- Then, HoI will need to sign on each page of the datasheet and submit all three copies to the respective Inspector of Schools for his/ her counter signature.
- The Inspector of Schools shall countersign the 3 copies of the datasheet. Then the Inspector of Schools will retain 2 copies of this datasheet and return one copy to the Institution.
- Out of the 2 copies retained by the Inspector of Schools, 1 copy of each school will be submitted by the Inspector of Schools to the DIRECTOR OF SECONDARY EDUCATION, ASSAM for further action.
- The Head of the Institution shall scan and upload his copy in the application portal of Minority Girls Scholarship 2023 using his Institution Login ID and password to complete the process.
|The application process by the Institution starts from||17th of August, 2023|
|The application process by the Institution ends on||30th of September, 2023|
|Data Verification by the Inspector of Schools starts from||15th of October, 2023|
|Data Verification by the Inspector of Schools ends on||30th of October, 2023|
|Data Submission by the IS to the DSE starts from||5th of November, 2023|
|Data Submission by the IS to the DSE ends on||20th of November, 2023|
For more news and updates, click here.