The University Grants Commission (UGC) has opened the registration portal for a fantastic scholarship scheme, the National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023. This scholarship scheme comes with a grant of Rs 15,000 per month for students pursuing post-graduation in different places in India.
The National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 has ten thousand scholarship slots or as may be decided by the UGC, and the grant will be provided at the rate of Rs. 15,000/- per month for 10 months in a year. In this article, interested students can find all the details starting from the Benefits of the scheme, and steps to apply to eligibility conditions.
Table of Contents
Benefits of National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023
The National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 applies to students who have completed their graduation and are currently pursuing their studies in the 1st year of Post-Graduation. The Undergraduate Degree must be from an Institution recognized by UGC. The beneficiaries of this scholarship scheme will receive the grant for 2 years of their postgraduate studies. The scholarship amount will be:
|First Year||Rs 1,50,000|
|Second Year||Rs 1,50,000|
- To be eligible, students must have been admitted to the first year of a postgraduate degree program at an accredited university, college, or institution.
- For integrated programs, the scholarship will be granted specifically for the postgraduate component.
- Applicants must be under 30 years of age at admission to the first semester or year of a postgraduate program.
- The National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 is specifically for students enrolled in a postgraduate degree program through the ‘Regular/ Full Time’ mode. Students pursuing PG programmes through open/ distance/ correspondence mode, private or part-time mode, are not eligible to apply.
- This scholarship is exclusively offered to students pursuing their first postgraduate degree program. So, individuals who have already completed a postgraduate degree earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Also, the student should not be availing the benefit of any other scholarship/ fellowship scheme. For this, candidates are required to declare that he/ she shall not accept/ receive any grant from any other sources during the tenure of this scholarship.
- Class XII mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Aadhaar card
- Bank Passbook for filling in bank details (bank account must be in the name of the applicant)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Note: The National Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies 2023 is directly paid to the students in their bank accounts. For this, their bank account numbers are required to be Aadhaar-linked and verified.
How to apply?
The students applying for the National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 must follow the given steps:
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by clicking on the link given below
- Click on the “Fresh Application” link given in the Application corner
- Read the instructions given, then enter basic details and get registered on the portal
- Next, log in to the application portal using the application ID and password sent to their registered mobile number
- Fill personal and academic details and then proceed to the next step
- Now, NSP will show a list of scholarship schemes, for which candidates are eligible based on the information provided by them in previous steps
- From the list, select National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 and proceed
- Now, check the list of documents that are required to be uploaded, and get them ready
- Once documents/ images are uploaded, please submit the application form and download it
- Lastly, candidates need to take a printout of the application form and submit it along with a copy of all the relevant documents to the office of their college/ university for further approval
- Candidates will be chosen based on their abilities and qualifications, with a few exceptions for certain situations as given below.
- The slots for the National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023 shall be allocated as per Govt. of India’s reservation policy.
- However, 30% of these slots will be set aside for women candidates. And from the slots reserved for women students, first preference will be given to Single/ twin/ fraternal Girl Children without considering their marks in the UG examination.
- 50% of slots under each category will be reserved for students from subjects like arts, humanities, law, and management, while the other 50% will be for students coming from science, engineering, medicine, and technical fields.
- If multiple candidates have the same grades in their undergraduate exams and are at the lowest level of the merit list, they will be further evaluated based on their scores in their undergraduate studies. If required, marks obtained in class 12th may be considered.
- The results are usually announced in November or December of the same year on the National Scholarship Portal, however this year there will be delays as application form submission will not be ended by this time.
- Candidates can check their results by logging in to the NSP portal and checking the “Yes/No” mentioned in the “Selected for Scholarship/ Merit List” column.
|Opening of Registration portal for National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023||3rd October, 2023|
|Closing date of the portal||31st December 2023|
|Last date to verify the Defective application||Not announced yet|
|Last date for Institute-Level Verification||Not announced yet|
|DNO/ SNO/ MNO Verification||Not announced yet|
|National Scholarship Portal|
|New Registration Link|
|Guidelines for National Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2023|
|Check the Institution’s AISHE number|
For more educational news, click here.