NID Admissions 2023-24: All about B.Des & M.Des courses at the National Institute of Design, apply now
The application portal for NID Admissions 2023-24 is now open, check out this article to know everything about the admission procedure.
NID Admissions 2023-24: The National Institute of Design (NID) is inviting applications for Bachelor of Design (B.Des) at NID campuses situated in Ahmedabad, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, and Assam along with Master of Design (M.Des) at NID Ahmedabad, NID Bengaluru, and NID Gandhinagar. NID released its application forms on October 21, 2022, and the last date to apply is December 16, 2022, however late fees will be entertained after it till December 19, 2022.
The Admission into NID will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) to be held in 2 stages known as DAT Prelims and DAT Mains. The objective of these exams is to test the knowledge, skill, and behavioral abilities of the candidates. This article covers all the necessary details about admission procedures ranging from eligibility, fee structure, significant dates, and steps to apply.
Also Read: BHU PG Admissions 2022: Registrations open, here is all you should know before applying
Who can apply?
- For Indian Nationals in General Category and General EWS Category, only those born after July 1, 2003, will be considered for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in reserved quota (ST/ SC/ OBC-NCL) only those born after July 1, 2000, are eligible to apply for NID admissions.
- For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category, those born after July 1, 1998, are eligible to apply.
- Those who have appeared or are appearing for Higher Secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2022-23 in any stream from any recognized board.
- Candidates who completed their 10+2 abroad shall produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that their examination is equivalent to the Class XI study conducted in India.
- For Indian Nationals in General Category and General EWS Category, only those born after July 1, 1991, will be considered for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in reserved quota (ST/ SC/ OBC-NCL) only those born after July 1, 1988, are eligible to apply for NID admissions.
- For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category, those born after July 1, 1986, are eligible to apply.
- The Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree of a Minimum 4-year duration in Design/Fine Art/Applied Art/Architecture after completion of Class XI Or a full-time Diploma of 4-year duration in architecture/Fine Arts/Design/ Applied Arts Or a bachelor’s Degree of 3-year duration in any specialization from any recognized University.
- Candidates who completed their degree abroad shall produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that their examination is equivalent to the Class XI study conducted in India.
NID Admissions: How to Apply?
- Interested candidates will have to visit the official website of NID Admissions
- Sign Up yourself by selecting a program of study, nationality, and category. Provide a valid email address and phone number in order to receive the login credentials.
- Upload all the relevant documents such as passport photograph, signature, General EWS Certificate, OBC-NCL Certificate, Caste Certificate, etc in the prescribed format.
- Pay the required application fee and take a printout of the same for future reference.
|Category||Application fee||Application Fee+Late Fee|
|General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs 3,000||Rs 4,500|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ OBC-NCL-PwD||Rs 1,500||Rs 2,250|
|Overseas (Supernumerary)||Rs 5,000||Rs 7,500|
|Category||For 1 discipline||For 2 discipline|
|General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs 3,000||Rs 6,000|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs 1,500||Rs 3,000|
|Overseas (Supernumerary)||Rs 5,000||Rs 10,000|
Important Dates for NID Admissions
|Events||For B.Des Admissions||For M.Des Admissions|
|Online Application Forms for NID Admissions||October 21, 2022||October 21, 2022|
|Last Date of submitting Online Application Forms||December 16, 2022||December 16, 2022|
|Submission of online application for payment of late fees||December 16 to 19, 2022||December 16 to 19, 2022|
|Window to edit the application forms||December 20 to 22, 2022||December 20 to 22, 2022|
|Download Admit Card for DAT Prelims||December 30, 2022||December 30, 2022|
|DAT Prelims Exam||January 8, 2023||January 8, 2023|
|DAT Prelims Result Declaration||March 30, 2023||February 28, 2023|
|Rechecking Request for DAT Prelims||March 30 to April 1, 2023||February 28 to March 2, 2023|
|Download Admit Card for DAT Mains||April 14, 2023||March 9, 2023|
|DAT Mains Exam||April 29 to 30, 2023||March 20 to April 23, 2023|
|DAT Mains Result||May 18, 2023||May 16, 2023|
|The window for submission of campus preference||May 18 & 19, 2023||May 16 & 17, 2023|
|Rechecking request for DAT Mains||May 18 & 19, 2023||–|
|Payment of Token fees and uploading documents||May 25 & 26, 2023||May 16 to 19, 2023|
|Provisional Offer Letter for NID Admissions||First Week of June 2023||First Week of June 2023|
- NTA has released the following notifications regarding NID Admissions 2023-24, please go through them carefully before applying:
- We advise all the students to keep a close watch on the official website for all relevant updates regarding NID Admissions 2023-24.
For more Admission updates, click here.