PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has recently announced a major employment opportunity for job seekers. The company has issued an official notification, inviting applications for more than 1000 Apprentice vacancies. The vacancies are distributed across various regions, providing candidates with ample opportunities to explore their career prospects in the power sector.
There are numerous positions available under PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023 for a variety of roles for individuals to explore and obtain valuable industry knowledge. This hiring process will draw a significant number of applicants. This will be a good platform for the candidates to learn those skills and get prepared for future endeavours.
Table of Contents
PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023: Eligibility criteria
There are various educational qualifications required to be eligible under PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023. They are given here in detail:
- Graduate Electrical: You need to complete a full-time 4-year course such as B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering), B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology), or B.Sc. (Engineering) in Electrical Engineering.
- Graduate Civil: You need to complete a full-time 4-year course such as B.E., B.Tech., or B.Sc. in Civil Engineering.
- Graduate (Electronics/ Telecommunication Engineering): You need to complete a full-time 4-year course such as B.E., B.Tech., or B.Sc. in Electronics/ Telecommunication Engineering.
- HR Executive (Payroll and Employee Data Management): You need to complete a full-time 2-year course like an MBA (Master of Business Administration) in HR (Human Resources), MSW (Master of Social Work), or a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management/ Personnel Management & Industrial Relation.
- Diploma Electrical: You need to complete a full-time 3-year course in Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Diploma Civil: You need to complete a full-time 3-year course in Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Electrician: You need to complete a full-time course in ITI (Industrial Training Institute) in Electrician.
- HR Executive: You need to complete a full-time 2-year course such as an MBA in HR, Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management/ Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, or an equivalent qualification.
- CSR Executive: You need to complete a 2-year full-time Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) or Rural Development/ Management or an equivalent qualification.
- Law Executive: You need to have a graduate degree in any discipline and a Bachelor’s degree in Law (L.L.B) from a minimum 3-year professional course or a 5-year Integrated LLB Degree (Professional).
PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023: Region-Wise Vacancy
The candidates to be recruited for PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023 will be based on the vacancy of various regions. The total seat vacancy is 1035. The list of regions and vacancies is laid below:
|Name of the regions||No. Of Vacancies|
|Corporate Center, Gurugram||53|
|Northern Region – I, Faridabad||135|
|Northern Region – II, Jammu||79|
|Northern Region – III, Lucknow||93|
|Eastern Region – I, Patna||70|
|Eastern Region -II, Kolkata||67|
|North-Eastern Region, Shillong||115|
|Odisha Projects Bhubaneswar||47|
|Western Region – I, Nagpur||105|
|Western Region – II, Vadodara||106|
|Southern Region – I, Hyderabad||70|
|Southern Region – II, Bangalore||105|
State-wise vacancy for the North Eastern States
|Name of the states||No. of Vacancies|
PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023: Steps to apply
The eligible candidates need to follow the given steps to apply for PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023:
- The candidates belonging to Engineering and Non-Engineering backgrounds have to go through different links as directed below:
- In both the scenario, the candidates must follow the same steps
- The candidates need to click on the Enroll option located at the right top corner, for Registration
- The candidate needs to enter their Email ID where the REGISTRATION ID would be sent
- After registering, they need to visit APPLICATION PORTAL (Directed in the IMPORTANT LINK section below)
- Provide all your personal and educational information in the form and upload any required documents
- Proceed to make the payment for the application fee based on your category, and then submit the form
While applying, the candidate needs to note the following points:
- Applicants must apply for a single trade (category) and choose a nearby location based on their current address
- Candidates who are currently undergoing or have completed an apprenticeship in any industry are not eligible
- Providing false information at any point will result in disqualification and possible legal consequences
- They can select only one region for Apprenticeship. No selection of more than one region can be done.
PGCIL Apprentice Recruitment 2023: Selection Procedure
Selection will be made based on a merit list created from the final marks obtained in the qualifying examination, and there will be no specific examination or interview. The final grade point obtained by the student, will be the ultimate criteria for the selection. The reservation policy outlined by the government will be followed. Candidates can apply for only one region of their preference.
Note : In all circumstances, the following candidates are ineligible to apply for the apprenticeship:
- Individuals awaiting the results of their final examination
- Those who have not reached the age of 18
- Candidates who have undergone apprenticeship training in any organization, regardless of duration
- Individuals with job experience exceeding 1 year
PGCIL Apprentice recruitment 2023: Stipend amount
The candidates selected under PGCIL Apprentice Recruitment 2023 will have the following amount of stipend:
|Apprentice category||Stipend amount|
|Graduate Apprentice/ HR Executive/ CSR Executive/ Law Executive||₹ 17,500|
|Diploma Apprentice||₹ 15,000|
|Starting Date of Submission of Online Application||1st of July, 2023|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||31st of July, 2023|
|Publication of merit list||Dates not announced|
|Notification of PGCIL Apprentice Recruitment 2023||Click Here|
|Application Portal||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
For more educational news, click here