PhD Admission 2023: The National Testing Agency issued an official notice on the 9th of August, 2023 inviting online applications for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Entrance Test. It is a National Level Entrance Test conducted for admission into PhD programme offered at Delhi University (DU), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU).
The registration process for PhD Admission 2023 has already begun on the 9th of August, 2023 and the application portal will be open till the 8th of September, 2023. Interested candidates can find all the relevant details in this article.
Table of Contents
- The candidates who have passed their postgraduate or equivalent examination or candidates appearing in 2023, irrespective of their age can appear in PhD Admission 2023 Entrance Test for DU, JNU, BHU and BBAU.
- As the eligibility criteria for admission may be unique for every University, the candidates should visit the University website to which they are applying for their respective programs.
- A recent photograph
- Scanned signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwBD Certificate (wherever applicable)
PhD Admission 2023: How to apply?
- Visit the official website by clicking on the link given below
- Click on the “Register” button to register yourself
- Then click on the “Login” button to proceed further
- Enter all the required educational and personal details
- Upload the necessary documents in the specified format
- Pay the application fees using Net-Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI or Wallet
- After completing these steps, submit the form and then download the application form and the payment receipt for further reference
|Category||Application Fee (for 1 test paper)||Fees for Additional test papers (per test paper)|
|General||Rs. 1200||Rs. 800|
|OBC-NCL/ Gen-EWS||Rs. 1100||Rs. 700|
|SC/ ST/ Third Gender||Rs. 1000||Rs. 700|
|PwBD||Rs. 1000||Rs. 700|
PhD Entrance Test 2023
- The entrance examination for the PhD Admission 2023 will be held in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test 2023 will be conducted for about 100 subjects.
- Candidates can choose a maximum of three courses, subject to one course in a slot as per the timetable.
- The question paper will have two sections, with no negative marking scheme.
- The first section will have questions on Research Methodology and the second will be subject-specific.
- Each question paper will have 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in English only, except languages.
- The duration of the examination will be of 3 Hours or 180 minutes.
- The subjects in the common section, commerce/ finance, art and culture, and humanities would be bilingual i.e., in English and Hindi. The science subjects would be in English only. However, Language tests would be in their respective languages except for linguistics, modern Indian language, and literary studies. These two subjects would be in English.
|Starting of submission of online application forms||9th of August, 2023|
|Ending of submission of online application forms||8th of September, 2023 (upto 09:00 PM)|
|Last date of successful transaction of fee||8th of September, 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in particulars of application form||9th of September, 2023 to 11th of September, 2023 (up to 11:50 PM)|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Will be announced later|
|Date of Examination||Will be announced later|
|NTA website||Click here|
|Official notice of PhD Admission 2023 in DU, JNU, BHU & BBAU||Click here|
|Information Bulletin||Click here|
|Link to apply||Click here|
If any candidate faces any technical or non-technical difficulties, while applying for the PhD Admission 2023, she or he may approach the NTA Helpdesk at:
- 011 4075 9000
- [email protected]
For more news and updates, click here.