Post Matric Scholarship 2022 for Scheduled Caste students, apply now
The application portal for the post matric scholarship program for Scheduled caste category students is live now, interested candidates can apply on or before 30th April 2022.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has released the notification for Post Matric Scholarship 2022 for students belonging to the Scheduled Caste category. The online application portal for the scholarship is now open and interested candidates can apply on or before 30th April 2022.
The main aim of the Government is to increase the ratio of the number of Scheduled Caste category students in higher education by providing financial assistance through the scholarship programs to enable them to continue and complete their education.
Also read : Aadhaar Cards should be linked with Caste and Income Certificates to avail Scholarships
Eligibility for SC students Post Matric Scholarship
The applicant for the scholarship must hold the following eligibility criteria-
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- The candidate must belong to the Scheduled Caste category.
- Candidate must have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any Higher examination from a recognized Board or University.
- The annual income of the candidate’s parents/guardians must not exceed INR 2,50,000.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage with different subjects will not be eligible for the scholarship scheme.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend at the same time
Benefits of the scholarship program
The selected candidates for the Post Matric Scholarship program will get the following benefits for the complete duration of the course, they are pursuing currently:
- Compulsory non-refundable fees including tuition fees as fixed by the government.
- Also, they will receive academic allowances which are as follows –
|No.||Category of Courses||Amount for Hostellers||Amount for Day Scholars|
|1||Graduate and Post Graduate level professional Courses||Rs 13500||Rs 7000|
|2||Other professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate||Rs 9500||Rs 6500|
|3||Graduate and Post Graduate courses not covered in 1 and 2||Rs 6000||Rs 3000|
|4||All post matriculation non-degree courses||Rs 4000||Rs 2500|
The following documents are needed to apply for the post matric scholarship:
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Domicile certificate
- Annual income certificate
- Scheduled Caste certificate
Interested candidates can check the complete guideline for the scholarship and can visit the official website to apply for the same.
For more education news and updates – Click here.