The Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) is organized by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) to uplift the country’s youths with the opportunity to shape their careers through apprenticeship training under the scheme Skill India Mission.
The Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) is held on the 2nd Monday of every month in numerous locations across the country wherein selected individuals will receive a monthly stipend in accordance with government criteria for gaining new skills.
Apprenticeship is considered the most sustainable model of skill development, and it has been getting a big boost under Skill India Mission. More than 22+ lakhs active apprentices have been engaged till date.
So far 36 sectors and more than 500 distinct sorts of trades and 1000 companies have featured in the mela, with 188400+ applicants have participated in the Apprenticeship Mela and 67,000+ apprenticeship offers being made.
The purpose of the mela is to-
- Create a platform between candidates and Establishments.
- Facilitate candidates to avail opportunities in Apprenticeship training.
- Facilitate Establishment to Identify potential candidates and in the selection of Apprentices.
- MSME drive for participation.
For the month of November, the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) is held on 14th November in 190 locations across the country.
Table of Contents
More about the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM)
- The National Apprenticeship Training Scheme could be a one-year Training for all scholars.
- The Apprentices are paid a stipend during their apprenticeship, with the govt. of India reimbursing an amount of the stipend to the employer.
- The govt. of India issues apprentices a Certificate of Proficiency, which can be registered as valid employment experience in the least employment exchanges across India.
- Apprentices are assigned to Central, State, and private organizations with excellent training facilities for their training.
Selection Criteria for Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM)
- Candidates must be Class 5th to 12th pass.
- Candidates must possess an ITI Diploma or a skill training certificate.
- Candidates must have a graduate degree.
Steps to apply
- Visit the official website – dgt.gov.in.
- On the homepage, candidates should look for a useful link section and click on the tab for the Apprenticeship mela portal.
- Then the candidates will be redirected to another page where they should click on the link provided for registration.
- They should fill in the registration form and upload all documents.
- Candidates should pay the application fee and submit the form.
- Also, candidates should download the confirmation page and get a printout for future reference.
For more education news and updates, click here