The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has come up with the notification for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students pursuing technical education for the academic year 2022-23. The AICTE has implemented this scheme in an attempt to give more support and opportunity to 5,000 young women pursuing technical education through the scholarship.
Also, and in a true sense, “Empowering women through Technical Education” by providing women with Education, Skills, Self- Confidence which are all necessary to participate in the development process of society.
Table of Contents
Eligibility for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students
- The girl candidate should be admitted to the First year of the Degree level course or in the second year of the Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE-approved institutions of the respective year.
- A maximum of two girl children per family are eligible.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government needs to be enclosed.
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission in the degree course should not be more than two years
Selection criteria for Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students
- The selection of candidates for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students will be carried out solely on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Degree course from any of the AICTE-approved institutions i.e. in the First year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- State/ UT-wise merit list will be prepared as per the number of scholarships allotted.
Benefits of the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students
The selected candidates will be awarded Rs. 50,000/- per year for every year of study i.e. maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted students and a maximum of 3 years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
In addition to 5,000 scholarships, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship forms, from the 13 Union Territories and the North Eastern States will be given the scholarship by AICTE.
The application portal for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students is live now, interested candidates can visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and apply for the Scholarship.
|Scheme closing date||31st October 2022|
|Defective Application Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
|Institute Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
Guidelines for renewal
- The Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting a passing certificate/ mark sheet along with a letter from the Head of the Institution on the online portal.
- A student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- After the selection of the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students, the awardee will be paid the amount through DBT mode on an annual basis.
- The reservation of scholarship slots will be as per Govt. of India norms.
- For converting Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) to percentage, multiplying factor will be 9.5 i.e. to convert the CGPA into percentage; CGPA multiplied by 9.5 will give the percentage.
For more Scholarship updates, click here.