Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students: The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has come up with the notification for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students pursuing technical education at the Degree level for the academic year 2023-24. In this article, interested candidates can find all the relevant details, such as Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, steps to apply and more.
The AICTE has implemented this scheme to give more support and opportunity to more than 5,000 young women pursuing technical education through the scholarship. Also, and in a true sense, “Empowering women through Technical Education” by providing women with Education, Skills, Self- Confidence which are all necessary to participate in the development process of society.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students
- The selected candidates will be awarded Rs. 50,000/- per year for every year of study i.e., a maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted students and a maximum of 3 years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc.
- No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges, medical charges etc.
- All eligible female candidates who submit online scholarship forms for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students from the following 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States i.e. Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT), Jammu and Kashmir (UT), Ladakh (UT), Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT), Lakshadweep (UT), Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura will be given scholarships by AICTE.
- For students belonging to other states, there are 5,000 scholarship slots.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- The female candidate should be admitted to the First year of the level course OR the Second year of the level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions of the respective year
- A maximum of two girl children per family are eligible.
- Family income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by the State/ UT Government needs to be enclosed.
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission in the degree course should not be more than two years.
How to apply?
The students applying for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students 2023 must follow the given steps:
- First of all, candidates need to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by clicking on the link given below
- Click on the “Fresh Application” link given in the Application corner
- Read the instructions given, then enter basic details and get registered on the portal
- Next, log in to the application portal using the application ID and password sent to their registered mobile number
- Fill in personal and academic details and then proceed to the next step
- Now, NSP will show a list of scholarship schemes, for which candidates are eligible based on the information provided by them in previous steps
- From the list, select Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl Students 2023 (Technical Degree) and proceed
- Now, check the list of documents that are required to be uploaded, and get them ready
- Once documents/ images are uploaded, please submit the application form and download it
- Lastly, candidates need to take a printout of the application form and submit it along with a copy of all the relevant documents to the office of their college/ university for further approval
- The selection of candidates for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students will be carried out solely on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination to pursue the Technical Degree course from any of the AICTE-approved institutions i.e. in the First year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- State/ UT-wise merit list will be prepared as per the number of scholarships allotted.
|Scheme Closing Date||12 December 2023|
|Defective Application Verification Date||15 January 2023|
|Scholarship Renewal Link|
|Guidelines of Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students|
For more scholarship updates, Click Here.