JAM 2024: IIT Madras has opened the registration portal for the Joint Admission test for Masters. The JAM examination is organised every year for admission into M.Sc., M.Sc. (Tech), MS (Research), M.Sc. – M.Tech. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc. – PhD, and M.Sc. – PhD Dual Degree, across multiple disciplines by premier institutes across the country. Earlier in August, IIT Madras launched a website for the JAM 2024 and announced some of the prominent details about the exam there.
The online registrations began on 5th September and will be available up to 13th October 2023. IIT JAM 2024 will be conducted on 11th February 2024 for 7 subjects, which are Chemistry, Biotechnology, Economics, Geology, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Physics, and Geology.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
All the candidates should meet the following eligibility conditions to apply for IIT JAM 2024:
- Candidates should have passed an undergraduate degree or should be currently studying in their final year of an undergraduate programme.
- Candidates promoted without a marksheet should produce a certificate stating the subjects studied in that semester/year duly signed by the Head of the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degrees are eligible to apply, subject to the policy of the Admitting Institute.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. The admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. Admission is liable to be cancelled if a candidate is found physically unfit to pursue their chosen course of study.
- There will be 60 questions in a paper, carrying 100 marks in total.
- Each paper is divided into three sections, namely A, B, and C.
- Section A will have 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) which carry 50 marks.
- This includes 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each.
- Each MCQ will have 4 options and only one out of them will be correct.
- For 1-mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- For 2-mark questions, a 2/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Section B will have 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) carrying two marks each.
- Each MSQ question is the same as that of MCQ-type questions, however, there will be more than 1 correct option in this section.
- Students need to select all the possible answers and they will be awarded 2 marks if they select them correctly.
- There is no partial marking, which means if they miss even one correct option or select even one wrong option, they will not get any marks for the same.
- There will be no negative marking in this section.
- Section C will have 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, carrying 30 marks.
- This will include 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each.
- For these NAT-type questions, the answers will be real numbers, and candidates will need to enter them using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor.
- There is no negative marking in Section C as well.
How to apply for JAM 2024?
- Visit the official website by clicking on the link given below
- Click on the link saying “New User? Click here to Register”
- Register by entering your name, email id, mobile number, and a password
- Now, use the Enrollment ID received in the registered mail/ phone number along with the password to log in to the portal
- Next, fill up all the details, choose the preferred subject and then upload the necessary documents
- Lastly, pay the application fees and submit the application form for JAM 2024
- Also, download the acknowledgement receipt for future references
At the time of filling out the online application forms for IIT JAM 2024, the applicants will need to pay an application fee as given below:
|FOR 1 PAPER
|FOR 2 PAPERS
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD
|Opening of the application portal
|5th September 2023
|Last date to submit application forms
|13th October 2023
|Release of Admit Cards
|8th January 2024
|Date of Examination (JAM 2024)
|11th February 2024
|Declaration of Results
|22nd March 2024
|Availability of Scorecards for download
|2nd April 2024
|Starting of Admission procedures
|10th April 2024
|Official Website of IIT JAM 2024
|Minimum Educational Qualifications & Seat Matrix
|Link to apply
|IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers
- Examination for all the subjects will be held in 2 shifts on a single day, that is on the 11th of February, 2023 (Sunday).
- The first shift will be for students, who have opted for Chemistry, Geology, and Mathematics test papers, whereas the second shift will be conducted for Biotechnology, Economics, Mathematical Statistics, and Physics.
- Any candidate can apply for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 subjects. But, the examination for selected papers should be in different shifts.
For more Education news, click here.